Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Where do you get your games?
I order most of my games via internet, because gamestop sucks major balls.
Thanked by: Ark Kuvis
Steam.

Otherwise, Gamestop and Gametrader at the mall I live right next to.
Thanked by:
anywhere i can cuz idc
It really depends.

I go check out the game selection ever time I deposit a check and get some cash.
My usual "route" for buying games is...

1. Target
They've got great clearances, and chances are if there's a good game on clearance, it'll be a steal. There also may be other (new) games for cheap, but I generally don't buy new games that much anymore until they go down in cost so I don't buy from Target much anymore.

2. Gamestop
I only buy GBA, 360, PS2, and Gamecube games from gamestop anymore, and that's only when they're used and generally under $14.99 or so. Sometimes I'll buy a used game for a little more, but it really depends on the game.
I NEVER buy new games from Gamestop unless they're pre-ordered or come from behind the desk still shrink-wrapped, because all of the games on the shelves that are labeled have been taken out of the boxes and stuff.

3. Play-N-Trade (rarely)
Basically the same deal as gamestop, but PnT has games for everything back to atari, and generally better prices.
I don't pre-order or buy new from PnT.

4. Wal-Mart (rarely)
Wal-Mart usually has absolutely terrible prices on their games that take years to get to reasonable levels, but sometimes you can find a hidden gem here or there. Since all the wal-marts in my area are around 30 or more minutes away, I don't go to them often.

5. Internet
The best selection, the best prices (if you know where to look), and if you're in the right places, everything is really high-quality and is taken care of well.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
usually EB games for convenience but sometimes other stores or the internet
Thanked by:
where do you get them on the net vuper
Thanked by:
I try to avoid Gamestop because they open the goddamn cases.

Thanked by: Kriven, JackMan
Steam, all the way. Downloadable games are the future of PC gaming.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by:
EB games or Wal Mart, whichever is closer at the time. I also download off Steam and occasionally I use ebay for older games
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
For older games I get them online, for newer ones I go to any store I can find them at. All of my gamestops are far away though so I generally don't go there.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
Gamestop or the gamestore across from my school. Bought a game at K-mart once and ended paying too much for comfort. The Gamestop I go to has like displays of the games, then they go to the back or whatever and get the sealed version.
Thanked by:
(09-25-2010, 09:27 PM)Koopaul Wrote: I try to avoid Gamestop because they open the goddamn cases.

HOW FUCKING DARE THEY
Thanked by: Rhyme, Maxpphire
I usually get stuff at Gamestop. I've never had a problem with any Gamestop I've gone to and I tend to come across used games pretty cheap. (F-Zero GX for $5 not counting the minor discount I get for have a Gamestop card.) I also had a pretty good experience buying a game from their website seeing as it was a game that nobody in my area seemed to have in stock. Paid $10 shippin included and it arrived in like two days even though I paid for the cheapest shipping with an estimate of 5-10 days, so that kinda ruled.

Other than that not many other places. There's a Bookman's near my house that has some way old games (NES, SNES, stuff like that.) for some nice prices, so I go there now and then if I'm really craving an older game. I'm also planning to import a certain game via eBay since there's a seller with really good feedback selling it for about $10 cheaper than most other sites I've seen. Rarely use eBay though.
Thanked by:
(09-25-2010, 09:07 PM)Pugnificent Wrote: where do you get them on the net vuper

mostly amazon, stores' websites (generally have good deals online-only) or on another forum that I go to
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
gamestop because i'm not someone who feels the need to bitch at them forever and ever for charging $2 more than anywhere else

get a discount card, congratulations
you can now get everything extremely cheap
Thanked by: DioShiba, Shawn, Rhyme