The VG Resource

Full Version: Where do you get your games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I order most of my games via internet, because gamestop sucks major balls.
Steam.

Otherwise, Gamestop and Gametrader at the mall I live right next to.
anywhere i can cuz idc
It really depends.

I go check out the game selection ever time I deposit a check and get some cash.
My usual "route" for buying games is...

1. Target
They've got great clearances, and chances are if there's a good game on clearance, it'll be a steal. There also may be other (new) games for cheap, but I generally don't buy new games that much anymore until they go down in cost so I don't buy from Target much anymore.

2. Gamestop
I only buy GBA, 360, PS2, and Gamecube games from gamestop anymore, and that's only when they're used and generally under $14.99 or so. Sometimes I'll buy a used game for a little more, but it really depends on the game.
I NEVER buy new games from Gamestop unless they're pre-ordered or come from behind the desk still shrink-wrapped, because all of the games on the shelves that are labeled have been taken out of the boxes and stuff.

3. Play-N-Trade (rarely)
Basically the same deal as gamestop, but PnT has games for everything back to atari, and generally better prices.
I don't pre-order or buy new from PnT.

4. Wal-Mart (rarely)
Wal-Mart usually has absolutely terrible prices on their games that take years to get to reasonable levels, but sometimes you can find a hidden gem here or there. Since all the wal-marts in my area are around 30 or more minutes away, I don't go to them often.

5. Internet
The best selection, the best prices (if you know where to look), and if you're in the right places, everything is really high-quality and is taken care of well.
usually EB games for convenience but sometimes other stores or the internet
where do you get them on the net vuper
I try to avoid Gamestop because they open the goddamn cases.
Steam, all the way. Downloadable games are the future of PC gaming.
EB games or Wal Mart, whichever is closer at the time. I also download off Steam and occasionally I use ebay for older games
For older games I get them online, for newer ones I go to any store I can find them at. All of my gamestops are far away though so I generally don't go there.
Gamestop or the gamestore across from my school. Bought a game at K-mart once and ended paying too much for comfort. The Gamestop I go to has like displays of the games, then they go to the back or whatever and get the sealed version.
(09-25-2010, 09:27 PM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]I try to avoid Gamestop because they open the goddamn cases.

HOW FUCKING DARE THEY
I usually get stuff at Gamestop. I've never had a problem with any Gamestop I've gone to and I tend to come across used games pretty cheap. (F-Zero GX for $5 not counting the minor discount I get for have a Gamestop card.) I also had a pretty good experience buying a game from their website seeing as it was a game that nobody in my area seemed to have in stock. Paid $10 shippin included and it arrived in like two days even though I paid for the cheapest shipping with an estimate of 5-10 days, so that kinda ruled.

Other than that not many other places. There's a Bookman's near my house that has some way old games (NES, SNES, stuff like that.) for some nice prices, so I go there now and then if I'm really craving an older game. I'm also planning to import a certain game via eBay since there's a seller with really good feedback selling it for about $10 cheaper than most other sites I've seen. Rarely use eBay though.
(09-25-2010, 09:07 PM)Pugnificent Wrote: [ -> ]where do you get them on the net vuper

mostly amazon, stores' websites (generally have good deals online-only) or on another forum that I go to
gamestop because i'm not someone who feels the need to bitch at them forever and ever for charging $2 more than anywhere else

get a discount card, congratulations
you can now get everything extremely cheap
Pages: 1 2 3