Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[GAME][IN DEVELOPMENT] Cloud Journey
[Image: cloudjourney.png]

Short Synopsis: Everlost is the realm between Earth and the Afterlife. On a regular basis the Grim Reaper would bring spirits of the dead straight to the after life, but sometimes spirits break through to Everlost. As did our boy. He must journey his way through the clouds in the sky and find his way to heaven.

The Cast:
The Kid; Waking up on a cloud with no memory of his past life, or let alone who he is. His spirit wandered into Everlost when it was left unattended. Now he must make it upon himself to find his way to the afterlife.

Henry Mark Wingman; One of Everlost's ace mailmen. You meet him during a struggle of his which after he be-bestfriends you. He surely delivers.

What's going on with production?:
It is now the end of January 2011. The committed small development team of four, including me, are working hard for a short demo. This demo is aimed for mid-February though may be pushed only as late as spring. It will feature one-third of a "World 2: The Floating Forest", but not much more detail can be spilled. We will be updating the free demo with the full World 2 come mid to end summer.
We will update time to time with bits and pieces of the game.

We thank you for your patients and hope you'll try it out soon,
Nin, Star, Pik, & CeeY

DreamShow Productions
PixelxCore Independant Gaming
[Image: DffP5jr.png]
Thanked by: Gold
Omg, you made a new topic for this Heart
You know what I need to start working on..promotional art. I won't be able to do fancy smancy digital coloring jobs that I've seen from Devicho and a few others but..black and white artwork outta be fine for now lol
It's such an honor to be working on this.
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

Thanked by:
Looking good. Palette is quite nice.
Thanked by:
I'm really glad you were able to get something worked out for this project.

I wish you guys luck!
Thanked by:
omg, i love that background. looks way neat
Thanked by: Maxpphire, Gwen
This looks awesome, and it also sounds awesome.

Good luck! :p
Armoured Crow
[Image: Co-Producer.jpg?t=1284354950]
Check out the website here!
[Image: ECHII!!.gif]
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರ You ecological bastard Cool
Thanked by:
Hey guys. Just dropping in to say Cloud Journey is not dead.
Luckily I have a faithful team that's sticking by and working hard. We're hoping to have a demo soon!

In the mean-time meet Henry.
[Image: henryq.gif]
(might be some white transp. issues. and don't worry about his stiff legs, it will be explained later.)
This is all I can release on my behalf. What the others guys are working on is up to them to show.

We'll show off some other things too like screen shots and music,
and also check out the new first post!
Thanked by:
Yay!

Must be nice to have a good team!
Thanked by:
I know I shouldn't be showing anything but..
[Image: backgroundelements.gif]

This is a little something you pass by that's floating in the background. I really want the scenery for this game to be really nice to look at. I'm going to take advantage of scrolling layers with this game.

This will also give you an idea of what the "tiles" will look like. Also there's supposed to be a tree there.

So that demo, expect it from mid-this month to sometime in spring.
i really like what you're doing with the ground.
good luck, man!
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by: Ninspriterx
My only concern with such a thing is: it won't stand out too much, will it? If it draws too much attention to the background, it could be annoying.
You could somewhat reduce its emphasis by slowing down the animation a bit (maybe 1-1.5 frames/sec?), so it doesn't attract attention too much.

Unless, of course, it needs to attract lots of attention.
Thanked by:
I don't think it's a big deal. It could just be a somewhat nice "surprise" for anyone bothering to play through the game more than once.
I don't think it will be popping up as often, either. Smile
Thanked by:
I guess I will be slowing the bouncing idle animation for him down a bit. It should attract attention though, and as rabid said, things like this don't pop up often anyway.

This little thing is something you see as you cross the bridge. It attempts to get a closer look at you by burrowing to a different land mass. Creatures can dig to different areas to pieces of land not even connected to each other.
(02-04-2011, 10:02 PM)Murderbeard Wrote: i really like what you're doing with the ground.
good luck, man!
If you liked that, you should see the rest of the level

Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

you TEASE
fjghefgkbefgkjer
Thanked by: Kitsu, Star