Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Jaz GO!
Wink 
[Image: Jaz.png]

This SINGLE sprite took me 2 WEEKS to make after that I realized I need help with this. I am not A great spriter
(good at ripping not good at making)

So these are the sections im doing:
Idle,Falling,Pushing,Various Emotions(Sad,Angry,Straight,Shocked)
,Talking,looking Up,And Injured Idle.

I need help on these sections
Walking,Running,DoubleJump,Jump,Kicking,Hanging Onto An Edge,
Floating,Swimming,Drowning,Dieing,Getting Hurt,And Various Emotions (Crying,Laughing,Yelling)Punching

Ill try to help in some of the areas
I WILL give credit in the game
Am I allowed to post the engine on here that im using for the game?

and I might sell this game (For all My sprites backgrounds,tiles, characters,And sound/music are custom and original but thats A diffrent story).

and if this dont work out ill just change the sprites are make it an official beta

update
ok i changed it to png is it better?
Thanked by:
Nice JPEG.
Oh sorry that's not a JPEG you just have a piss awful palette. I'm gonna move this to sprite discussion so you can get some critique on it.

Because honestly you need that more than you need animations for your sprite, when you get help with that I'm sure the people here would love to help you make animations on your own.
No, wait

that's a JPEG

DEAR GUY,
removing the artifacts from around the sprite after you've saved the sprite as a JPEG and then saving it as something else doesn't help at all. You're going to need to redo this.
Thanked by:
You saved ti as a jpeg, so your sprite is completely ruined.

You'll have to start it over from scratch. Oh, and make sure to save as png next time.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: IceWilliams
(07-29-2010, 12:41 PM)Vipershark Wrote: You saved ti as a jpeg, so your sprite is completely ruined.

You'll have to start it over from scratch. Oh, and make sure to save as png next time.

thank you for your honest review im new at making my own sprites im only good at bgs and tiles.
(07-29-2010, 12:35 PM)Track Eleven Wrote: Nice JPEG.
Oh sorry that's not a JPEG you just have a piss awful palette. I'm gonna move this to sprite discussion so you can get some critique on it.

Because honestly you need that more than you need animations for your sprite, when you get help with that I'm sure the people here would love to help you make animations on your own.
No, wait

that's a JPEG

DEAR GUY,
removing the artifacts from around the sprite after you've saved the sprite as a JPEG and then saving it as something else doesn't help at all. You're going to need to redo this.

ok thank you im quite new to this why am i saying this over and over XD any way im glad i asked for help
Thanked by:
a new member that didn't take offense when 1up? that's one for the books

anyway, that's not looking too bad but the shading could use some work. I can't explain art for balls, so i'll do a quick edit sometime when i'm not lazy
ok, i think you just need to calm down and take a long, deep breath because it seems you're trying to accomplish more than you can do right now.

for now work on getting your colors to a decent level(asuming your sprite isnt an edit, the lines are quite ok already). take a look at this
[Image: rampsak6.png]
Thanked by:
I'm not gonna lie; judging by this, you're already a better spriter than me, even though you just started.
I'm not joking, I suck.

Anyway, the hat and and the face have no shading. You'll have to fix that.
Thanked by: Gold
[Image: icewfix.png]

someone explain what i did

i dont feel like it
The sprite in general remindes me of the hero from Pokemom Red and blue.
I know it isn't, but still.
Thanked by:
(07-29-2010, 10:49 PM)Track Eleven Wrote: [Image: icewfix.png]

i dont feel like it

you gave him two fingers and a thumb on each hand, gave him skinny jeans, and highlighted the kneecaps

i dont feel like it

You change the body shape to make it a little more realistic, and you curve the lines to make it more smoother and rounder.
Change the colors to more saturated, to make it easier on the eyes and gave it shading for more depth.
You made the hair out more to easier to see and added a extra color to the hair, to add more details.
You put more detail on the body and hands by messing with the shading.
Thanked by: Nindo, Maxpphire

i dont feel like it

you added a ton of airhump
pretend i double thanked that
Thanked by: Vipershark
(07-29-2010, 10:25 PM)Vipershark Wrote: I'm not gonna lie; judging by this, you're already a better spriter than me, even though you just started.
I'm not joking, I suck.

Anyway, the hat and and the face have no shading. You'll have to fix that.

ok i could fix the hat and but im having trouble on the face
(07-29-2010, 11:23 PM)Vipershark Wrote:

i dont feel like it

you added a ton of airhump

it looks good it reminds me of a game i played
Oh and if you would like to make a better version than a one we already had then he must have these features

Bacwards red cap,two or three peices of hair sticking out of the cap hole,a red jacket or sweater,baggy blue pants,black or brown shoes,if you do eye color red eyes please.
then i can see which one looks better and build off that

ps am i gonna use this new version?
Thanked by:
We? I thought it was your project.
茶 = Tea
Thanked by: