Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I was accepted into the lotro f2p beta!!
Unlike most MMO's, Lord of the Rings Online is amazing. Some of those MMO-ranking sites rate the graphics to be on par with the new FF MMO. But now lotro is going f2p, using micro-transactions to support the game. The f2p version isn't due out until around october, but I was accepted into the beta! I get a shitload of free store points and get to experience the new content! For those of you who've never seen lotro:

(quoted from PxC)
Quote:The Lord of the Rings Online (Lotro) is one hell of a game. Even if you're not a big Lord of the Rings fan you should take a look, everything about it is amazing. While it does have some WoW influence, I wouldn't say that it's a WoW clone. It's been a pay MMO for over 3 years but now it's going free to play with micro-transactions (I have a lifetime account which guarantees me a shitton of free game store money every month). There's so much to talk about (Skirmishes, Monster Play, everything else). But pictures say a thousand words, so here are some screenshots:

[Image: Character_Creation3.jpg]
The character creation system

[Image: 88.jpg]
The Old Forest

[Image: 81.jpg]
I believe this is the Barrows?

[Image: 80.jpg]
The Shire

[Image: 79.jpg]
I remember being here, but I forgot the zone name :*)

[Image: 76.jpg]
Esteldin

[Image: 75.jpg]
Another one of the Shire

[Image: 71.jpg]
The North Downs

[Image: 1458.jpg]
This is probably in Evendim

[Image: 329.jpg]
A Hobbit hole

[Image: 53.jpg]
The Witch-King of Angmar's Keep

[Image: ss_moria_75.jpg]
Part of Moria

[Image: ss_moria_53.jpg]
One of Moria's Dwarven forges

[Image: Book8_03.jpg]
idk where this is, i just thought it looked cool

[Image: 10_skirmishesl0.jpg]
One of the Skirmishes, The Siege of Gondamon

[Image: 09_scuttledells.jpg]
The Mirkwood

[Image: 09_v3_crafting.jpg]
Anyone who's read the hobbit would know the three stone trolls

So when this goes free in fall i had better see all of you playing Big Grin
Thanked by: Gwen, Adam
I will be for sure, I fucking LOVE The Lord Of The Rings. C:
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Sengir
Oh wow, neato

I've never played an MMO before (unless secondlife counts, and that's not even a game). Knowing that this is going to be free makes me want to play it

congrats
NOPE.
Thanked by: Sengir
although i ceased to give a shit about mmo's years ago, and never really cared about lord of the rings
Thanked by:
i'd like to try this when the f2p final is released.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Nah, this is too high up on the high-fantasy-bullshit-ometer for me to want to play. At least WoW toys with other setting genres some to make things more interesting.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
That's too bad, it's really your loss u__u

BUT ANYWAYS i can make pretty good armor for anyone who does want to play when it comes out. I'll see about starting up a weaponsmith so i can outfit everyone with some good weapons too.
Thanked by: Gwen
(07-25-2010, 08:34 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Nah, this is too high up on the high-fantasy-bullshit-ometer for me to want to play. At least WoW toys with other setting genres some to make things more interesting.

thanks post, plays ffxiv
[Image: ZJO1oF0.gif]
Thanked by:
Have fun with that. I'll be playing Battle For MiddleEarth II.
Thanked by:
(07-25-2010, 10:49 PM)Flannel_Bastard Wrote: Have fun with that. I'll be playing Battle For MiddleEarth II.

xbox ver? ;o
[Image: ZJO1oF0.gif]
Thanked by:
Yep. my laptop is shit.
Thanked by: