The VG Resource

Full Version: I was accepted into the lotro f2p beta!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unlike most MMO's, Lord of the Rings Online is amazing. Some of those MMO-ranking sites rate the graphics to be on par with the new FF MMO. But now lotro is going f2p, using micro-transactions to support the game. The f2p version isn't due out until around october, but I was accepted into the beta! I get a shitload of free store points and get to experience the new content! For those of you who've never seen lotro:

(quoted from PxC)
Quote:The Lord of the Rings Online (Lotro) is one hell of a game. Even if you're not a big Lord of the Rings fan you should take a look, everything about it is amazing. While it does have some WoW influence, I wouldn't say that it's a WoW clone. It's been a pay MMO for over 3 years but now it's going free to play with micro-transactions (I have a lifetime account which guarantees me a shitton of free game store money every month). There's so much to talk about (Skirmishes, Monster Play, everything else). But pictures say a thousand words, so here are some screenshots:

[Image: Character_Creation3.jpg]
The character creation system

[Image: 88.jpg]
The Old Forest

[Image: 81.jpg]
I believe this is the Barrows?

[Image: 80.jpg]
The Shire

[Image: 79.jpg]
I remember being here, but I forgot the zone name :*)

[Image: 76.jpg]
Esteldin

[Image: 75.jpg]
Another one of the Shire

[Image: 71.jpg]
The North Downs

[Image: 1458.jpg]
This is probably in Evendim

[Image: 329.jpg]
A Hobbit hole

[Image: 53.jpg]
The Witch-King of Angmar's Keep

[Image: ss_moria_75.jpg]
Part of Moria

[Image: ss_moria_53.jpg]
One of Moria's Dwarven forges

[Image: Book8_03.jpg]
idk where this is, i just thought it looked cool

[Image: 10_skirmishesl0.jpg]
One of the Skirmishes, The Siege of Gondamon

[Image: 09_scuttledells.jpg]
The Mirkwood

[Image: 09_v3_crafting.jpg]
Anyone who's read the hobbit would know the three stone trolls

So when this goes free in fall i had better see all of you playing Big Grin
I will be for sure, I fucking LOVE The Lord Of The Rings. C:
Oh wow, neato

I've never played an MMO before (unless secondlife counts, and that's not even a game). Knowing that this is going to be free makes me want to play it

congrats
although i ceased to give a shit about mmo's years ago, and never really cared about lord of the rings
i'd like to try this when the f2p final is released.
Nah, this is too high up on the high-fantasy-bullshit-ometer for me to want to play. At least WoW toys with other setting genres some to make things more interesting.
That's too bad, it's really your loss u__u

BUT ANYWAYS i can make pretty good armor for anyone who does want to play when it comes out. I'll see about starting up a weaponsmith so i can outfit everyone with some good weapons too.
(07-25-2010, 08:34 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, this is too high up on the high-fantasy-bullshit-ometer for me to want to play. At least WoW toys with other setting genres some to make things more interesting.

thanks post, plays ffxiv
Have fun with that. I'll be playing Battle For MiddleEarth II.
(07-25-2010, 10:49 PM)Flannel_Bastard Wrote: [ -> ]Have fun with that. I'll be playing Battle For MiddleEarth II.

xbox ver? ;o
Yep. my laptop is shit.