Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pivot
Thought Id mess around with pivot, this is maybe my first animation on it. So any CC on how to improve general animation would be helpful. [Image: a2yzqw.gif]
Thanked by:
(07-13-2010, 03:29 PM)robo9 Wrote: Thought Id mess around with pivot, this is maybe my first animation on it. So any CC on how to improve general animation would be helpful. [Image: a2yzqw.gif]

Stick figures != creativity
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by:
It's what the animator mostly uses
Thanked by:
(07-13-2010, 03:32 PM)robo9 Wrote: It's what the animator mostly uses

Stick animators don't even use I bro, if you want to learn animation buy a book or search online but Pivot doesn't help at all
~~LOVE~~
~~SOLINK~~PK~~C2B~~KAIKIMI~~
[Image: Boggle_inside_a_futuristic_pod_by_Mabelma.png]

Have some time, check out my tumblr blog.
Thanked by:
Ill try using it to animate something other than stickmen, which I found out the 3.2 can do evidently.

Wow that messes up a sprite's palette a ton. I think Ill just keep trying to learn flash
Thanked by:
yeah no stickmen are dumb
real men don't use sticks
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by: Mabelma, ThePortalGuru
Sprite animations for that matter are more cheap than stick animations, implying that sprite animators are even less man.

Bunch of wankers.
Big sigs are for scrubs.
Thanked by:
of course, by "sprite animator", you mean someone who uses already existing sprites to make a "sprite movie".
just clarifying.
Thanked by: Gwen
idk

if I'm confused as to how I should animate something, I try to run it through Pivot first to see if I can't get it nice and clean before I go ahead and sprite it out

but that's just me.
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
Pivot only moves "limbs" through the x and y axis. a better practice would be to use a 3d app and animate that. then use it as an armature for your sprites. i did that for my Mario with large Monkey Wrench ™.
Thanked by: Baegal
Actually, there's a way to actually stretch and compress limbs

although I have Blender and I like that solution better :X
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
you don't even have to be good with modelling, just use cylinders and spheres for guidelines.
plus it's truer 3d.
Thanked by: Rosencrantz