The VG Resource

Full Version: Pivot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought Id mess around with pivot, this is maybe my first animation on it. So any CC on how to improve general animation would be helpful. [Image: a2yzqw.gif]
(07-13-2010, 03:29 PM)robo9 Wrote: [ -> ]Thought Id mess around with pivot, this is maybe my first animation on it. So any CC on how to improve general animation would be helpful. [Image: a2yzqw.gif]

Stick figures != creativity
It's what the animator mostly uses
(07-13-2010, 03:32 PM)robo9 Wrote: [ -> ]It's what the animator mostly uses

Stick animators don't even use I bro, if you want to learn animation buy a book or search online but Pivot doesn't help at all
Ill try using it to animate something other than stickmen, which I found out the 3.2 can do evidently.

Wow that messes up a sprite's palette a ton. I think Ill just keep trying to learn flash
yeah no stickmen are dumb
real men don't use sticks
Sprite animations for that matter are more cheap than stick animations, implying that sprite animators are even less man.

Bunch of wankers.
of course, by "sprite animator", you mean someone who uses already existing sprites to make a "sprite movie".
just clarifying.
idk

if I'm confused as to how I should animate something, I try to run it through Pivot first to see if I can't get it nice and clean before I go ahead and sprite it out

but that's just me.
Pivot only moves "limbs" through the x and y axis. a better practice would be to use a 3d app and animate that. then use it as an armature for your sprites. i did that for my Mario with large Monkey Wrench ™.
Actually, there's a way to actually stretch and compress limbs

although I have Blender and I like that solution better :X
you don't even have to be good with modelling, just use cylinders and spheres for guidelines.
plus it's truer 3d.