Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Everything in M&L:SS Style V1 (600+ sprites currently)
Hello.

This project will be for making sprites in M&L1 style. M&L3 style is great and all, but there's something about M&L1... like it has its own charm. Plus, one could argue M&L1 sprites are better for GBAish games while M&L3 is better for HD games.(This much I agree with)

So this project's purpose is to sprite as many mario characters, including the DK Luigi Peach Yoshi and Wario universes. It can be something as simple as a front overworld sprite, or even a full sprite. Whatever works best.

There are currently 600+ sprites, but maybe around 1000 or so characters, objects, etc.

Mario Wiki is an excellent website for finding Refs for spriting, as well. It's what I use to make my customs, of which there are about 100 of currently.
Thanked by:
This is a request. Wait for the mods to use ther god-like powers and banish you!

EDIT: Ok sorry to jump the gun. Looks pretty good but you should list those who made the sprites.
Thanked by: Jdaster64
~~~~CREDITS PAGE~~~~
Shyguy Grey/Chaoxys(Notable Contributions: Sidestepper, Little Mouser. Bumpty, Super Dimentio, etc)
Koopaul
Ninspriterx(Notable Contributions: Banjo Heart)
Starpower(Notable Contributions: Wario Non-beta, Mr. I, etc)
Frario(Notable Contributions: Waluigi)
ToadKarter
Goomba X(Notable Contributions: Fwoosh, Bowser Jr., Mushroom Sprites)
Ridge Troopa(Notable Contributions: Cortez, Macho Grubba, PM2 Enemies, M&L Overworld, Mecha Koopa)
Boo Mansion
AJ Nitro(Notable Contributions: Rips, Lakitu edits, Goomba edits, etc)

I made sprites like Tubba's Heart, and Big Lantern Ghost. Also, maybe about 40% of the YI section is mine. I replaced Goomba X's Goonies with my own Goonies, etc... too many changes to list. Is creidt really that important? it's not likely these sprites are gonna leave TSR, but here you go.
Thanked by:
I see my sprites up there. I get no credit?!
BULL
[Image: DffP5jr.png]
Thanked by:
Is it bad that this seems like a troll topic to me

I don't understand you sometimes Chaos
Thanked by:
Everything that you have posted of mine, is now yours.
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by:
Well you now stole a crap load of stuff, and didn't even credit the rippers whose sprites you recolored. I don't really care that you didn't credit me for the magikoopas, but I"m sure Star's gonna love the fact that you just took his and just labled it as a "version". Also nice work not creditting Nin, please give credit to those who put the work into these things in the future.
Thanked by:
I like how Banjo is a DK character
Thanked by: DioShiba
I made that Banjo.
[Image: DffP5jr.png]
Thanked by:
Well this is a good piece of nostalgia though. Yup I remember when those sprites where made I do. *rocks on rocking chair*

Thanked by:
Lets see what you used of mine that I didn't get credit for...

1. Sidestepper (you edited the eyes)
2. Bumpty
3. Lil' Mouser (the beta version?)
4. Lil' Skull Mouser (Beta version again?)
5. Fang
6. SMB Robot
7. Fuzzipede (also beta version)
8. Final version of Lil' Mouser
9-12. Different Bumptys
13. Not sure if thats my Mrs. Mowz. I looks like an edit or something. (then again it's the same character and style so who knows.)
14. Another Bumpty
15. Super Dimantio
16. Glad Fang

And yet you didn't use my Mimi.
Thanked by:
(02-05-2010, 09:08 PM)Whack-Dat-Yoshi Wrote: But to save time: Credit for the sprites go to Boo Mansion, Starpower, Ridge Troopa, CeeY, AJ Nitro, Frario, etc and some sprites are my customs.
(02-05-2010, 09:08 PM)Whack-Dat-Yoshi Wrote: etc

No. Either credit everyone that made/edited the 500+ characters you lackadaisically threw together, or don't even bother. It'd be helpful if you actually pointed out some examples of ones you made, as well.

(01-29-2010, 05:42 PM)Whack-Dat-Yoshi Wrote: The mininum requirement is at least one overworld facing front sprites. From there you can choose wether to sheet it or to just leave it as is.

So you're going to give people the option to make a single edited sprite, then put it alongside the very good customs that Chaoxys, A.J., Ridge, and such made?
Currently ripping ???, Submissions: 37
Ref 1 - Ref 2 - Human Ref + Ref 3
Thanked by: Ton, Solink, Kyo Wolf
If you made any of the sprites in the OP, just let me know and I will credit you.

And I don't think I deserve credit for one sprite. I will say that one example of a sprite I made is something like Tubba's Heart.
if I edited someone's sprite, then they still get 100% credit for the sprite even if it's a big edit.

EX: I edit Ridge Troopa's Koopa sprite to, say, a Koopatrol. he still gets 100% credit for the Koopatrol.

Also, update with about 50 more sprites. 90% of the sprites in the M&L3 section are mine, and I worked on those since before the US release of BiS. In the next update, Junker, Alpha Kretin, and the Bowser Memories are my customs. The Drill Pingu is en edit of Shyguy Grey's Bumpty, so he gets credit for the Drill Pingu(or whatever it's called).

EDIT: And how in the world is this a troll topic? lol
Thanked by:
Some of those are actually pretty good.

Especially ones like Sonic, Meta Knight, and the french Block dude (forgot the name)

I might help out with Goombella if she isn't claimed
Thanked by:
(02-10-2010, 05:21 PM)Whack-Dat-Yoshi Wrote: If you made any of the sprites in the OP, just let me know and I will credit you.
It do NOT work like this
You HAVE to credit the makers/rippers of the sprites BEFORE posting them.

EDIT:
FFFFFFFF
You even removed the few names on your first post
[Image: scaled.php?server=441&filename=ipposig.png&res=medium]
Thanked by: