Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Cartoon Styled Sonic in MSPAINT
So People have been speculating that I can't draw any form of Sonic " BY hand " using only my mouse in MSPAINT

Did I proove them wrong?
[Image: SonicMouse.png]
C+C please Smile
[Image: SonicMuseumNoBG.png]
Thanked by:
pillowshaded. Plus there are too many shades for the muzzle
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
(01-29-2010, 05:31 PM)Blazefirelp Wrote: Did I proove them wrong?

no
Thanked by: PrettyNier, Saltonara, Rhyme
(01-29-2010, 05:59 PM)Zst123 Wrote:

no

*Looks at you're rep
Thanked by:
(01-29-2010, 05:59 PM)Zst123 Wrote:

no
Way to be a prick. Warned.

The colored lineart looks alright (except the head is really squished), but the shaded version needs to be completely redone.

Also, this isn't a sprite, so moving.
Thanked by: PrettyNier, Rosencrantz
(01-29-2010, 06:08 PM)Blazefirelp Wrote: *Looks at you're rep

Yours isn't significantly better.

And yeah, that does look pretty squashed and off-model, not to mention that the shading is heavily pillowed. have a look at some existing art for Sonic, and try to follow the proportions more closely.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
I looked at a reference for Sonic on SonicArtArchive Which I looked at. But I like to give things my own feel to them rather than blatent copying and how the fuck is my rep worse that his? Atlest I'm not a imature cunt like him. + I aint posted much at all here.
Thanked by:
The main problem is that he has no head. It's literally face and then spines, and no head in between.

All sonic characters heads are circles. Start out by drawing a circle, then add the details to it.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
The basic to draw anything is use geometric shapes as a start, and them work on it. To make heads, it's common to use a circle and then add the jaw, use a cross-like line to put the eyes, nose and mouth in the right place and there you go. Looks like your Sonic got no skull or, at very best, a went through a procedure to remove bone cancer (not a pretty thing).

If you feel too lazy to redo the drawing, you can try moving the spikes a bit away from his face and work on it. Also the shading feels really odd. Not only pillowed, but the colors you picked make him looks...Dunno, plastic.

And I think that's all :p
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
the face itself is actually not bad
redraw the head, and then copy/paste the face onto it and fix it up to fit the new head and it should be fine
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
it looks way better without any shading at all.
Thanked by:
Thanks for all the criticism peoples. Very much appriciated and I will have a go at that sometime later and I'll post it here to see if I made him look like Sonic or something that should be at "Maddam two swords" Tongue
Thanked by:
Any improovments? [Image: SonicHD.png]
Thanked by:
he still lacks a skull.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Ultimecia
Totally agree with Gorsal. C'mon, do a circle with the circle tool and use it as base ;p
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by: