The VG Resource

Full Version: Cartoon Styled Sonic in MSPAINT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So People have been speculating that I can't draw any form of Sonic " BY hand " using only my mouse in MSPAINT

Did I proove them wrong?
[Image: SonicMouse.png]
C+C please Smile
pillowshaded. Plus there are too many shades for the muzzle
(01-29-2010, 05:31 PM)Blazefirelp Wrote: [ -> ]Did I proove them wrong?

no
(01-29-2010, 05:59 PM)Zst123 Wrote: [ -> ]

no

*Looks at you're rep
(01-29-2010, 05:59 PM)Zst123 Wrote: [ -> ]

no
Way to be a prick. Warned.

The colored lineart looks alright (except the head is really squished), but the shaded version needs to be completely redone.

Also, this isn't a sprite, so moving.
(01-29-2010, 06:08 PM)Blazefirelp Wrote: [ -> ]*Looks at you're rep

Yours isn't significantly better.

And yeah, that does look pretty squashed and off-model, not to mention that the shading is heavily pillowed. have a look at some existing art for Sonic, and try to follow the proportions more closely.
I looked at a reference for Sonic on SonicArtArchive Which I looked at. But I like to give things my own feel to them rather than blatent copying and how the fuck is my rep worse that his? Atlest I'm not a imature cunt like him. + I aint posted much at all here.
The main problem is that he has no head. It's literally face and then spines, and no head in between.

All sonic characters heads are circles. Start out by drawing a circle, then add the details to it.
The basic to draw anything is use geometric shapes as a start, and them work on it. To make heads, it's common to use a circle and then add the jaw, use a cross-like line to put the eyes, nose and mouth in the right place and there you go. Looks like your Sonic got no skull or, at very best, a went through a procedure to remove bone cancer (not a pretty thing).

If you feel too lazy to redo the drawing, you can try moving the spikes a bit away from his face and work on it. Also the shading feels really odd. Not only pillowed, but the colors you picked make him looks...Dunno, plastic.

And I think that's all :p
the face itself is actually not bad
redraw the head, and then copy/paste the face onto it and fix it up to fit the new head and it should be fine
it looks way better without any shading at all.
Thanks for all the criticism peoples. Very much appriciated and I will have a go at that sometime later and I'll post it here to see if I made him look like Sonic or something that should be at "Maddam two swords" Tongue
Any improovments? [Image: SonicHD.png]
he still lacks a skull.
Totally agree with Gorsal. C'mon, do a circle with the circle tool and use it as base ;p
Pages: 1 2 3