Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Moai statue (wip)
[Image: ehv0z.png] Any crits before I continue?
If you are me, than who am I?
Thanked by:
study facial anatomy, I know it's moai, but your facial anatomy is quite boned up.
Thanked by:
nowhere near being a moai.
Thanked by:
Its mouth and nose is too low, its jaw should be higher.
[Image: 14.gif]
Thanked by:
hello dr manhatten
[Image: tumblr_lctx1p6L3L1qzvjn8o1_500.gif]
Aw I love Moais and that's not a Moai.

Get rid of the ears, nostrils, make the lips big and flat.

Thanked by:
needs to be a lot more angular, I think. looks too much like a plain old human face with exaggerated features, instead of a blocky carved stone that looks humorously like a face.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
Its not supposed to look perfectly like a Moai statue and it's not supposed to look perfectly like a face. [Image: 10xzdzb.png]

edit: And don't say it doesn't look like either one at all.
Thanked by:
Sorry, but do you want C&C on this? Sounds like you don't want C&C on this with the last post.

I mean I can understand if you're looking to do a stylized take on the Maoi statue, but you shouldn't shut the door on all the comments. Right now to me, it looks like you're doing a Silver Surfer mugshot instead of a Maoi statue. No offense.
Ngamer01's Portal - Updates whenever.
Thanked by: Baegal
I'm just trying to learn how to shade correctly. I should have been more specific.
Thanked by:
why is the mouth a thin line while everything else is large and vague? it clashes.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Smooth out the lines
Thanked by:
(01-18-2010, 09:39 PM)Toad Wrote: I'm just trying to learn how to shade correctly. I should have been more specific.
work on a simple, basic or normal shape , learn how the light affects it, study different lightsources on said object.

then you're free to explore more stylized approaches. right now the whole thing is a mass of excuses and shades.
Thanked by:
(01-19-2010, 01:56 AM)Metaru Wrote:
(01-18-2010, 09:39 PM)Toad Wrote: I'm just trying to learn how to shade correctly. I should have been more specific.
work on a simple, basic or normal shape , learn how the light affects it, study different lightsources on said object.

then you're free to explore more stylized approaches. right now the whole thing is a mass of excuses and shades.

Alright.
Thanked by:
Moais are larger and much more angular as well.
Thanked by: