Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Elephat
Hi everyone!
im new here, so here is my first anywhere near acceptable sprite. Im not ver good at anti-aliasing so could anyone give me tips?
[Image: phatyp.png]
the bigger one is 4x bigger if you care.
Im open to criticism. Wink
茶 = Tea
Thanked by:
[Image: aate0.png]
that should cover all about it.
Thanked by:
Thanks for that, it worked a treat!
茶 = Tea
Thanked by:
It still looks a bit pillowed imo. Also I think you should use a bit more contrast
Thanked by: Baegal
dont OVERDO IT means not every single line needs tobe AA'ed. the purpose of Anti Aliasing is to make things smooth, but you're making it blurry.
dont AA on the ourside.
Thanked by: Stirred Drei Ling
ok, so now there aint anti aliasing on the outside, added a bit more contrast, and experimented with coulors a bit. Which is better?
茶 = Tea
Thanked by:
should be careful with the shading of that ear, otherwise it looks like a cavity.
Thanked by:
Blankok, should i shade around it? or just change the ear a bitQuestion
茶 = Tea
Thanked by:
I still think you need to use less colors, like those around the darker shades isn't that helpful. Try using only one color for that part.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
the whole concept is small and smooth already, i don't think you really need so much antialiasing to make it more soft to the eye, but rather some proper shading would do the trick just to keep that simplicity.

[Image: 30cceo2.png]
Thanked by:
ok, i tweaked it a bit, and added bits from metarus one, and i like the result.
[Image: phatyp.png]:)
茶 = Tea
Thanked by:
A bit too much contrast. Also, try shading behind the ear a bit so it gives the ear some depth.
[Image: Altered_photo1_sig.png]
My crit posts tend to make me look arrogant if read the wrong way. That is not my intention. I am open to discussing anything you disagree with, so please do.
Thanked by: Baegal
ook will be done by tommorow
茶 = Tea
Thanked by:
never AA 45° lines.
Thanked by:
dont aa 45 lines ook.

which is best?
茶 = Tea
Thanked by: