The VG Resource

Full Version: Elephat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!
im new here, so here is my first anywhere near acceptable sprite. Im not ver good at anti-aliasing so could anyone give me tips?
[Image: phatyp.png]
the bigger one is 4x bigger if you care.
Im open to criticism. Wink
[Image: aate0.png]
that should cover all about it.
Thanks for that, it worked a treat!
It still looks a bit pillowed imo. Also I think you should use a bit more contrast
dont OVERDO IT means not every single line needs tobe AA'ed. the purpose of Anti Aliasing is to make things smooth, but you're making it blurry.
dont AA on the ourside.
ok, so now there aint anti aliasing on the outside, added a bit more contrast, and experimented with coulors a bit. Which is better?
should be careful with the shading of that ear, otherwise it looks like a cavity.
Blankok, should i shade around it? or just change the ear a bitQuestion
I still think you need to use less colors, like those around the darker shades isn't that helpful. Try using only one color for that part.
the whole concept is small and smooth already, i don't think you really need so much antialiasing to make it more soft to the eye, but rather some proper shading would do the trick just to keep that simplicity.

[Image: 30cceo2.png]
ok, i tweaked it a bit, and added bits from metarus one, and i like the result.
[Image: phatyp.png]:)
A bit too much contrast. Also, try shading behind the ear a bit so it gives the ear some depth.
ook will be done by tommorow
never AA 45° lines.
dont aa 45 lines ook.

which is best?