Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bowser Ball
[Image: ballin.gif]

Pretty close to being done, but still not quite so let's just call it a WIP. But here's where you come in. Anything I still need to fix about the animation before I reshade the poses that have vertically flipped shading (so the spikes mainly)?
Thanked by:
That's beautiful, man.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: Neslug, Baegal
I've spent ages on it. Any crits about the spike movement?
Thanked by:
It moves pretty well, except I don't like how the shading just flips in between frames.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by: Neslug
(12-21-2009, 03:36 PM)Neslug Wrote: [Image: ballin.gif]

Pretty close to being done, but still not quite so let's just call it a WIP. But here's where you come in. Anything I still need to fix about the animation before I reshade the poses that have vertically flipped shading (so the spikes mainly)?
@ A. J. Nitro This.
If you are me, than who am I?
Thanked by: Neslug, Adam, Jdaster64
Work in progress. I'm asking for tips with the spikes before I move on to fix the shading thing. Yes I did vertically flip the sprite to make it loop.

Yeah what Toad said.
Thanked by:
Damn it, I should really start reading before I post. Thanks anyway.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
The spikes between the middle row and the ones on the far side seem to jump around a bit, aside from that though I like it.
Thanked by: Neslug
@ A.J. Nitro: It's quite OK.

@ Shyguy Grey: Yeah I kinda noticed that too. See what I can do about it.

Animation update, spikes should look better.
Thanked by:
-----V

That spike is a little jumpy.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
I think the problem is that the spike as a whole pops over one pixel.
[Image: ballin.png]
Thanked by:
maybe it's to simulate the cury surface of the ball, idk.

now that I see it again, the orange balls in the spikes SG Grey pointed out are jumpy.
Thanked by:
(12-21-2009, 05:04 PM)Shyguy Grey Wrote: I think the problem is that the spike as a whole pops over one pixel.
*image*

It was actually intentional, to give the ball a more rounded look. When on the front side, the spikes are the closest to the viewer so I figured they could be one pixel apart, just like how two things look further apart up close.

@ Gorsal's 2nd post: Jumpy? If it has to do with the shading, that's because I haven't fixed it yet. The actual movement isn't jumpy imo.
Thanked by:
I figured thats what you were going for. Only thing is, didn't Bowser's rolling in M&L3 keep them even?
Thanked by:
Hmm, I haven't seen a rip of it yet and I didn't look at the sprite that carefully when I played the game (animation was very fast too). But then again, this is not M&L3 so...

Decisions, decisions...
Thanked by: