The VG Resource

Full Version: Bowser Ball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: ballin.gif]

Pretty close to being done, but still not quite so let's just call it a WIP. But here's where you come in. Anything I still need to fix about the animation before I reshade the poses that have vertically flipped shading (so the spikes mainly)?
That's beautiful, man.
I've spent ages on it. Any crits about the spike movement?
It moves pretty well, except I don't like how the shading just flips in between frames.
(12-21-2009, 03:36 PM)Neslug Wrote: [ -> ][Image: ballin.gif]

Pretty close to being done, but still not quite so let's just call it a WIP. But here's where you come in. Anything I still need to fix about the animation before I reshade the poses that have vertically flipped shading (so the spikes mainly)?
@ A. J. Nitro This.
Work in progress. I'm asking for tips with the spikes before I move on to fix the shading thing. Yes I did vertically flip the sprite to make it loop.

Yeah what Toad said.
Damn it, I should really start reading before I post. Thanks anyway.
The spikes between the middle row and the ones on the far side seem to jump around a bit, aside from that though I like it.
@ A.J. Nitro: It's quite OK.

@ Shyguy Grey: Yeah I kinda noticed that too. See what I can do about it.

Animation update, spikes should look better.
-----V

That spike is a little jumpy.
I think the problem is that the spike as a whole pops over one pixel.
[Image: ballin.png]
maybe it's to simulate the cury surface of the ball, idk.

now that I see it again, the orange balls in the spikes SG Grey pointed out are jumpy.
(12-21-2009, 05:04 PM)Shyguy Grey Wrote: [ -> ]I think the problem is that the spike as a whole pops over one pixel.
*image*

It was actually intentional, to give the ball a more rounded look. When on the front side, the spikes are the closest to the viewer so I figured they could be one pixel apart, just like how two things look further apart up close.

@ Gorsal's 2nd post: Jumpy? If it has to do with the shading, that's because I haven't fixed it yet. The actual movement isn't jumpy imo.
I figured thats what you were going for. Only thing is, didn't Bowser's rolling in M&L3 keep them even?
Hmm, I haven't seen a rip of it yet and I didn't look at the sprite that carefully when I played the game (animation was very fast too). But then again, this is not M&L3 so...

Decisions, decisions...
Pages: 1 2 3