Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The topic where Zero Kirby learns how to sprite!
I woke up one day and said to myself, "FUCK IT, SELF, YOU'RE LEARNING HOW TO SPRITE AND YOU'RE GONNA LIKE IT"

I said back "Where do I start, self?"

"MAKE A WALK CYCLE YOU LITTLE WEE MAN"

[Image: walkcycle-1.gif]

I need lots of constructive criticism because, well, I'm trying to learn how to sprite.
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!
Thanked by:
you're going in the right way.
Thanked by: LeleleleMAXIMUM
Thats a pretty good walk cycle Wink now just add a body and arms next Tongue
Thanked by:
Your feet seem to be changing size throughout the animation.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
it's better than what I attempted once (sob)

perhaps make the legs a bit longer? upon first glance it looks like just feet and ankles. I suppose it depends on what in your head you see those legs/feet being on.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
pulchridude: They probably are. This is really the second time I've ever made a walk cycle, and the first one was forever ago, so... yeah. I still need to work on that.

Jovian-12: I didn't really imagine the legs being any longer than they are. A stubby character, if you will. I probably should also practice long legs, though.

So today, myself said to me, "TODAY YOU WILL SPRITE A SINGLE FRAME OF A THROWAWAY CHARACTER"

So I did

[Image: poorlittlebritishboy.png]

Just a random kid. Has a messenger bag, driving cap, and, well, is little. Thought of him while thinking of ideas for a Blinx fangame, without the Blinx.
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!
Thanked by:
weird-ass color choices there :o

your colors are too dark and you can't shade every color with gray. Use lighter coors and shade with a darker version of the color you're shading.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
yeah, the shading doesn't make it pop out much. go for contrast, give it shades and highlights to give it some depth.
Thanked by:
don't be afraid of using more colors, but just don't over do it. bear in mind the size said sprite would be presented in a game(as in 1x, 2x, etc.) and its readbility. right now you have an sprite that, without any given description, would be hard to understand.
Thanked by:
hi,zero kirby
Thanked by: Rakia, Gors, Jovian-12
I went with the gray shading because I imagined the character in a bizarre game; I figured it would help with the bizarre tone. Guess not. But I can see where you guys are saying there's too dark colors. I'll lighten those up.

Metaru: So, sprite bigger and use more colors. Gotcha.

18lapeje: Unfortunately I don't remember you. Are you from another forum and know me there?
Thanked by:
perhaps you could use the gray as a sort of backlight, then? kind of like the official artwork for Mario & Luigi. there's gray, but shading too.
Thanked by: Adam