Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprite Comic in The Works
I can't believe I actually looked through this, but if you want some specific criticism, here it is.

-Mixing sprite styles usually looks terrible, this comic is no different.

-The whole concept of video game crossover sprite comics is way overdone, and most people do it so badly that any potential readers are usually completely turned off by it.

-The speech bubbles (if you can even call them that) are eyesores, so is the font of the text.

-The whole black background in the first half of the comic or whatever is fucking stupid. It just seems like you were too lazy to find a background and used the excuse that the scene was pitch black, even though we can see the characters in the scene just fine. This makes no sense.

-Another thing I found lazy was the fact that after Dedede uses the "wormhole" his sprite in the next panel has him holding his mallet for no explained reason; you were too lazy to edit it out and even comment on it as though you were oblivious to it.

-If you're going to have characters swear in a comic, don't censor the swears, it doesn't make any sense as we obviously know that the character is swearing. If you don't want swearing in your comic, then don't put it in.

-The events don't seem to make sense. The presence of a "wormhole" is basically just an excuse for crossovers to take place, secondly, why would Dedede just dive into a strange glowing portal without even knowing what it was, how would he know Mario would be on the other side, how does he even know who Mario is, why would the wormhole lead here in the first place? Try using some exposition.

If you actually want people to read this, don't be lazy, don't cut corners. If you're not going to make an honest effort to create it why should anyone make an honest effort to read it.

Lastly: No one said this had to be a "full-fledged professional project." As a sprite comic that solely features other people's intellectual property with absolutely nothing custom made in the visual department, I don't see how it could ever be classified as such anyway. But that doesn't mean people don't expect a certain level of quality. Just because you're "just doing this for fun" doesn't give you an excuse for what you make to be of shoddy quality. I can make birdhouses just for fun, but that doesn't mean I'm just going to shrug my shoulders if they turn out to be complete shit.

Please take heed.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Sprite Comic in The Works - by 8-Bit Squirrel - 03-10-2009, 06:17 PM
RE: Sprite Comic in The Works - by Alpha Six - 03-10-2009, 06:19 PM
RE: Sprite Comic in The Works - by GrooveMan.exe - 03-10-2009, 06:35 PM
RE: Sprite Comic in The Works - by GrooveMan.exe - 03-15-2009, 04:10 PM
RE: Sprite Comic in The Works - by Alpha Six - 03-15-2009, 07:28 PM
RE: Sprite Comic in The Works - by kyrtuck - 03-15-2009, 07:34 PM
RE: Sprite Comic in The Works - by 8-Bit Squirrel - 03-15-2009, 08:05 PM
RE: Sprite Comic in The Works - by Alpha Six - 03-15-2009, 08:12 PM
RE: Sprite Comic in The Works - by 8-Bit Squirrel - 03-15-2009, 08:36 PM