Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Looking for Touhou Lost Word missing files
Sorry for the constant updates, everyone. It's even more unfortunate that the rip I got from the game was apparently unfinished- well, moreso, impossible.

I've hit a roadblock. The game has an... honestly disturbing way of sorting it's game files, with no rhyme or reason as to how they choose to handle it. Gonna Puke 

UnityAssetGui did it's job, but not very well, and Bluestacks seems to have either only uploaded half the files I "told" it to... or Lost Word itself packaged all the remaining files in here.[Image: unknown.png]
You see, this file is so unnaturally GIGANTIC (containing a _data file of 3.5 Megabytes) that I was unable to open it in UnityAssetStudio due to it somehow exceeding the Integer limit for arrays. I have a sneaking suspicion that this stupid thing is the rest of the files I missed, so I'll be trying to get it resolved in Requests with the file attached as a ZIP file in Google Drive. Defeated If you need to know why I think this is actually a bunch of sprites and not just some long story script- A lot of characters had larger sheets when I got them, but some merely had only one or two sprites. Hell, I only had two characters who showed up in their entirety, but no one else's. I have a feeling this file contains everything I haven't directly encountered in the game yet, or wouldn't be able to at the time I typed up this message- So, I think they're a bunch of items that never had time to properly load in in the game, since I only waited until I completed the tutorial in full before I started work on ripping- things like large story card images, battle sprites, homescreen designs- so on, and so on- they're all missing from what I sorted.

I was still able to rip a lot of things, so I WILL be posting the completed files on the website at some point (after I recover from the hell that was the almost full week of opening files in Asset Studio, then moving them to a file over 1000 times with some really annoying hiccups along the way); but I'm going to try to see if someone, or anyone, on this website has an alternative that could allow me to open the last file myself, as I'd prefer to actually upload them all with the rest of the files I have, rather than just throwing the task at someone else. Another roadblock I'm also dealing with is that I managed to find entire sheets for a couple of characters that are only available in the story as of writing this reply, so I can't upload the fully completed finds until later as to not break the website's rule (that I learned via it's Discord) to not upload any to-be-used files for games that are updated consistently before their release.  Rolleyes  

Oh, and another thing- I might try to rip files from Lost Word's Japanese Version in future (after a few story updates, ofc), if I manage to find the strength and time to do so, as well as better tools than this first attempt- but as of now, I'm going to try to rip sprites from another game instead, because I'm utterly burnt out of this Touhou Lost Word stuff. But, if you want to give it a shot, I've posted the file I was struggling with here. I hope I did well enough as is, for the time being.
[Image: image.png?ex=662108ed&is=660e93ed&hm=ae8...14b6664de&]
Quote:What the hell am I doing here?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Touhou Lost Word missing files - by IVBOY - 08-30-2022, 12:33 PM