Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Randy & Manilla (Help for developing)
Information 
I thought that from the 2nd alpha, the world would be ready to meet Randy & Manilla, and yes, but there is one thing that I have been wrong apart from the trailer. I mean, I've been trying to improve everything, except for one very important factor; the gameplay, the two videos of people who have tried the demo speak for themselves:

When you see the two videos it seems that it has the same problem as the previous alpha in two of the main factors: The ship controls & Jumps of the characters.

Starting with the ship controls, after watching the Fujinai video, I believed that they are just the routes, it would be enough to direct them towards the corresponding Net-Cubes, but they seem that they are only of excuse if one doesn't know how to handle the ship well, or for the lack of a minimap that detects it (not to say that they are thin by moving away and makes it more difficult to find them).
At least I already figured it out and have things in the process including changing the ship's physics to avoid getting stuck in ineligible Net-Cubes or listing the Net-Cubes that correspond to the game's plot.

The second point, and I think the most complicated part is in the character jumps. They are the default ones that Unity brings. Before jumping, is has to run in the direction it has to jump, but it can't move while it still in the air. In 3D platformers, the characters can move around a bit while in the air after taking a great jump (example is Mario, or even Crash Bandicoot), I have been trying to figure out a way to make it move in midair, modifying the standard third person controls script (ThirdPersonCharacter.cs), but I couldn't get the proper method to do it.

I have also heard of other complaints, such as that it is difficult because have only one life, or that the camera can't be moved in the first Terra-Qubit levels, but I also have those solutions in process (as a simple life system or a two-camera mode), but well, it's always welcome who wants to help me in development.
Thanked by: iyenal

Messages In This Thread
RE: Randy & Manilla (Help for developing) - by ofihombre7 - 06-13-2020, 10:30 AM