Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Unused Battletoads Arcade Sprites
I hope this doesn't count as necro posting and if it does then I apologize, but I found some very interesting stuff in a Gamepro magazine from January 1993. I also found an... Unused track? In Battletoads arcade using N's cheat code on the sound test in the service menu, using the code number 23 will make the game play a seriously slowed down version of the results screen music.

As for the info from the Gamepro mag, it gives a pretty good idea as to how stages were ordered as in the prototype, as well as show/talk about some stages that I've never even seen before. It even mentions Admiral Oink as a boss, as well as having to save Santa. It also seems that Karnath was the boss for stage 4 (or what is either stage 3 or stage 4 in the prototype), and that stage 5 was what we know as stage 2. And a ton of the game's palettes are different as well. There's also a maze like stage that I literally have no clue as to what it could be... According to the magazine there was going to be 8 levels in total.

Professor T. Bird also shows up in a screenshot, and we can see what he was supposed to look like. Rash also has his red armbands colored properly in the prototype, and Pimple seems to be red or something... He looks weird.

There's also some Battlemaniacs beta stuff in the magazine as well, such as Rash having red armbands, and the turbo tunnel level having a palette closer to it's original colors.

Here are scans of the magazine pages.

https://imgur.com/a/FR6hggK

Credit to Retromags for the scans of the January 1993 issue.

I also added the Battlemaniacs scans too.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unused Battletoads Arcade Sprites - by Sledge - 02-28-2019, 02:31 PM
RE: Unused Battletoads Arcade Sprites - by Kosheh - 02-28-2019, 09:34 PM
RE: Unused Battletoads Arcade Sprites - by Sledge - 03-01-2019, 04:00 AM
RE: Unused Battletoads Arcade Sprites - by Sledge - 03-01-2019, 02:07 PM
RE: Unused Battletoads Arcade Sprites - by Oddworld-2001 - 07-22-2019, 01:37 AM