Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Does anyone know how to rip MGS Intergral PC models
(12-02-2021, 09:50 AM)Jellybit Wrote: Thank you! I'm mainly looking for Metal Gear Rex, and the hanger for the Rex battle. I've tried ripping Rex, but as you know, there's pretty much a texture per polygon, and none of the texture names match up with the material names. It's an impossible task, but it seems you have a more streamlined approach?

The materials are looking for the PS1 textures instead of PC, hence the name starts with "d086" or along those numbers. If I recall, I also do have a few PS1 textures lying around, but some of the textures have their channels flipped (BGR instead of RGB ) and some textures have this pink clot everywhere including those with opacity textures as well.

And you're in a good time as I'm currently working on Metal Gear Rex and REX Hangar. But I didn't work on the second map of the hangar, so I probably should do that once the main map is done assembled. Also, in case if you wanna know what I'm doing, here are the list of models I'm working on right now:-

CHARACTERS:-

- DARPA Chief
- Vulcan Raven
- Otacon
- Decoy Octopus*

* = he doesn't contain any torso model, unfortunately. So I'm gonna make a custom model with him wearing a coat and the original one where he disguised as DARPA Chief.

MAPS:-

- REX Hangar (there are 4 separate parts of this map and I'm gonna try to merge them altogether into one whole map)
- Outskirts area of Shadow Moses (where Liquid dies)
- Commander's Room (where you fought Psycho Mantis)
- Mystery LVL 13 (where there's a Genome Soldier lying face down with a ketchup underneath it)

I think that's pretty much it. If everything goes well, I'll update this thread.
Thanked by: Jellybit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone know how to rip MGS Intergral PC models - by MunirBinJulaihi - 12-02-2021, 12:33 PM