The VG Resource

Full Version: Does anyone know how to rip MGS Intergral PC models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello anyone reading this thread,
I'm trying to rip the MGS1 Models but I have 0 experience in ripping PS1 Models and I can't seem to find a PS1 Model Ripping tutorial on Youtube...

Edit: Holy crap!
I found a bunch of MGSI and MGS2 Tools!
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10156

Edit2: DAR files to extractor  http://secaproject.com/pc_dar_tool_1_5
KMD to OBJ http://secaproject.com/kmd2obj_2_51

KMD to OBJ doesn't seem to work on Blender...
Though I got to extract some PCX files to PNG from a site.

Ok I give up
PS1 model ripping is very hard, and there is no one-size-fits-all solution, sadly.
The PC version has some model tools: https://github.com/neko68k/mgsview or https://github.com/paulsapps/msgi

Found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmDrwDscv5s

And found out that DAR files which contains KMD files which are Models, and PCX files which are Textures are in stage.MGZ and MGZ files are just renamed ZIP files and you can just rename it to ZIPs and Extract it.

There's also a DAR extractor called MGSRipper apparently made by someone named "Ameneko"

So I searched the name up and found this http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5485
Apparently MGS2 PC also uses DAR files but they work differently.
Hello.

I assume you're looking for models like these:-

[Image: _mgs1__genome_soldiers_by_munirbinjulaih...L8wz26xXJc]
(01-09-2021, 06:51 AM)MunirBinJulaihi Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

Yes, but no one has shared those models. I'm especially looking for the PS1 version of Metal Gear Rex, and backgrounds. Why do you ask?
(11-16-2021, 09:18 PM)Jellybit Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2021, 06:51 AM)MunirBinJulaihi Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

Yes, but no one has shared those models. I'm especially looking for the PS1 version of Metal Gear Rex, and backgrounds. Why do you ask?

Well, as you see from this render, I actually do have all MGS1 models (excluding VR Missions), and I'm planning to release them sometime in 2022-2023, depending on how long the assembly process will take. However, I'm not uploading it here but outside of VG-Resource. Unless if anyone is interested on re-uploading them, feel free to do so.

Of course, if you do wanna request particular maps, I'm probably can help you with it.
(12-02-2021, 08:34 AM)MunirBinJulaihi Wrote: [ -> ]Well, as you see from this render, I actually do have all MGS1 models (excluding VR Missions), and I'm planning to release them sometime in 2022-2023, depending on how long the assembly process will take. However, I'm not uploading it here but outside of VG-Resource. Unless if anyone is interested on re-uploading them, feel free to do so.

Of course, if you do wanna request particular maps, I'm probably can help you with it.

Thank you! I'm mainly looking for Metal Gear Rex, and the hanger for the Rex battle. I've tried ripping Rex, but as you know, there's pretty much a texture per polygon, and none of the texture names match up with the material names. It's an impossible task, but it seems you have a more streamlined approach?
(12-02-2021, 09:50 AM)Jellybit Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you! I'm mainly looking for Metal Gear Rex, and the hanger for the Rex battle. I've tried ripping Rex, but as you know, there's pretty much a texture per polygon, and none of the texture names match up with the material names. It's an impossible task, but it seems you have a more streamlined approach?

The materials are looking for the PS1 textures instead of PC, hence the name starts with "d086" or along those numbers. If I recall, I also do have a few PS1 textures lying around, but some of the textures have their channels flipped (BGR instead of RGB ) and some textures have this pink clot everywhere including those with opacity textures as well.

And you're in a good time as I'm currently working on Metal Gear Rex and REX Hangar. But I didn't work on the second map of the hangar, so I probably should do that once the main map is done assembled. Also, in case if you wanna know what I'm doing, here are the list of models I'm working on right now:-

CHARACTERS:-

- DARPA Chief
- Vulcan Raven
- Otacon
- Decoy Octopus*

* = he doesn't contain any torso model, unfortunately. So I'm gonna make a custom model with him wearing a coat and the original one where he disguised as DARPA Chief.

MAPS:-

- REX Hangar (there are 4 separate parts of this map and I'm gonna try to merge them altogether into one whole map)
- Outskirts area of Shadow Moses (where Liquid dies)
- Commander's Room (where you fought Psycho Mantis)
- Mystery LVL 13 (where there's a Genome Soldier lying face down with a ketchup underneath it)

I think that's pretty much it. If everything goes well, I'll update this thread.
(12-02-2021, 12:33 PM)MunirBinJulaihi Wrote: [ -> ]The materials are looking for the PS1 textures instead of PC, hence the name starts with "d086" or along those numbers. If I recall, I also do have a few PS1 textures lying around, but some of the textures have their channels flipped (BGR instead of RGB ) and some textures have this pink clot everywhere including those with opacity textures as well.

Awesome. Thank you. Also, I don't know about the pink clot, but Irfanview can do batch BGR to RGB conversion, in case you're not aware:

[Image: 1JG07OS.png]
Oh, I don't have that program. I use GIMP to manually set the channels back to its original state. But good to know though!

EDIT:- Decoy Octopus in his DARPA Chief disguise.

[Image: 124064618_10214274443453412_884900873868...e=61D1E5ED]

There'll be more stuff coming soon, so if anyone's still interested in MGS1 models, I suggest you bookmarked this thread because I'll be posting more MGS1 models, such as props and whatnot.
(12-02-2021, 12:33 PM)MunirBinJulaihi Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2021, 09:50 AM)Jellybit Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you! I'm mainly looking for Metal Gear Rex, and the hanger for the Rex battle. I've tried ripping Rex, but as you know, there's pretty much a texture per polygon, and none of the texture names match up with the material names. It's an impossible task, but it seems you have a more streamlined approach?

The materials are looking for the PS1 textures instead of PC, hence the name starts with "d086" or along those numbers. If I recall, I also do have a few PS1 textures lying around, but some of the textures have their channels flipped (BGR instead of RGB ) and some textures have this pink clot everywhere including those with opacity textures as well.

And you're in a good time as I'm currently working on Metal Gear Rex and REX Hangar. But I didn't work on the second map of the hangar, so I probably should do that once the main map is done assembled. Also, in case if you wanna know what I'm doing, here are the list of models I'm working on right now:-

CHARACTERS:-

- DARPA Chief
- Vulcan Raven
- Otacon
- Decoy Octopus*

* = he doesn't contain any torso model, unfortunately. So I'm gonna make a custom model with him wearing a coat and the original one where he disguised as DARPA Chief.

MAPS:-

- REX Hangar (there are 4 separate parts of this map and I'm gonna try to merge them altogether into one whole map)
- Outskirts area of Shadow Moses (where Liquid dies)
- Commander's Room (where you fought Psycho Mantis)
- Mystery LVL 13 (where there's a Genome Soldier lying face down with a ketchup underneath it)

I think that's pretty much it. If everything goes well, I'll update this thread.

Hello, I am trying to locate the MGS1 Otacon model, do you have any idea where I could find one that has already been extracted? I know that it has been successfully extracted and rigged, but I have been unable to locate it. If you do not, do you have any idea when you own work on extracting Otacon will be complete? Thank you for your time Smile
Quote:Hello, I am trying to locate the MGS1 Otacon model, do you have any idea where I could find one that has already been extracted? I know that it has been successfully extracted and rigged, but I have been unable to locate it. If you do not, do you have any idea when you own work on extracting Otacon will be complete? Thank you for your time Smile

Hi.

Sorry if I haven't posted anything for awhile, was quite busy with some other stuff doing FNAF SB animations. I have the Otacon model and I'm gonna rig him up tonight and upload it here in FBX format for everyone to download, as well as the Genome Soldiers.
Update:- Armory map where you have to fight Ocelot. A few doors are missing, but will add them later.

[Image: KudOycW.png]
Sorry if I keep bumping this topic, but I'm currently busy with not only MGS1 models but also Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops+, MGA and MGA2.
Also, I made this under 30 minutes.

[Image: CDsVxvX.jpg]

...I'm sorry, I just had to do it. LOL!
Decoy Octopus in his DARPA Chief disguise.

[Image: E9UmPsH.jpg]
Pages: 1 2