Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to Texture Unreal Engine .psk Models?
(12-24-2017, 08:25 AM)Warechu Wrote: I've recently found out how to extract .psk files from Unreal Engine games, but I have no idea how to apply the textures to them. The .psk format doesn't work with Blender, so is there any way to apply the textures using Noesis, or umodel? I've searched everywhere but I can't find any tutorials for texture application that aren't for Blender, 3DS Max, or Autodesk, and I'm hoping someone here knows how to texture .psk models. Also I feel I should ask if .psk models are accepted to this site, or if I should convert them. Also is there anything else I should know when working with these models?

I have a sample model here in case it's needed, I also included the textures, and materials with it. https://mega.nz/#!UbhjEazS!sap9OGPI4Rpkt...Z2dWd1Qh0M

Convert the psk to dae with Noesis make sure to select flip uvs or the uvs depending on what program you use will be upside down, open the dae in something like notepad++ and delete the "../../../../../noesisv4205/" and change the "Wep_3rdP_RailGun_MIC" to the texture name "Wep_3rdP_RailGun_D.png"
There is a psk importer for Blender, but it's not as good as Noesis, this might have changed since I used the psk importer last but, eh.

You're also gonna want to split out the color channels of "Wep_3rdP_RailGun_M" from what I can tell, the Green & Red channels both hold roughness specular, and I have no clue what the Alpha or Red channels would be used for if they even are used. You can do this easily with Texture Remix also make sure to convert the textures to PNG before submitting you can quickly do this all at once with XnConvert
Thanked by: Warechu

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Texture Unreal Engine .psk Models? - by Hallow - 12-24-2017, 09:05 AM