Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
Important Information regarding this Project and my time up until June/September 2020

Where will at least some of my time be going?
Summer break's over, for one thing, so free time is a lot less available. To expand on that, last week, I began undertaking a Masters degree at the university I've been studying at. Obviously, and at a lot of times, that will take priority, and I won't be able to focus on sheets in the same way as I have the past few weeks. At the very least, it will be rare for me to output anything on a Tuesday and Wednesday. Simply, I'll do what I can. I've included Sept. 2020 as a latest potential date as that's when I (hopefully) turn in the dissertation, but there remains a lot to be seen about what will happen in the months between June and September.

There may also be times where, as part of the course, at least, I venture outside of the UK. In the case that this does happen, simply assume radio silence from my end (but I'll let y'all know first!).

There may not be some actually new sheets for a while.
Depending on how I feel, and if a sheet can be done inside a 16-hour period. But there are other reasons, including the above, that are the cause of the delay.

The secondary predominant reason? Palettes.

It's perhaps at the best time where I can just focus on something as simple as altering palettes, as ripping can take time, and I do check my rips thoroughly to ensure that the tiled version (from VDP) and the in-game version align properly. Until I know better where I stand with my time each week, palettes are going to be my focus.

But there's another thing; I've come to a final decision on palettes, and I will not be budging any further on it. In all honesty, I am just done with the back and forth over this whole thing, and any further arguments on it will just be ignored. I am not targeting anyone in particular, but I just don't want somebody else to suddenly have something to say on it in 2020.

FSH (values in increments of 34) will be translated into tables as "PC Port". These tables will be seen only on the Sonic 3/& Knuckles and CD sheets, to account for the PC ports (it would be rather pointless to double-up on the same sheets for the PC page, if just for minute palette differences).

Raw (values in increments of 32) will be reinstated as "Root/Base* Palette", and included on tables - simple tables for Sonic 1, CD and 3D, Shadow and Highlight tables for Sonic 2, 3 and & Knuckles.

*to be determined

Actual (tangential increments) will be translated into tables as "Rendered through Genesis". Shall be seen on all games' sheets, relative to the simple or S/H version per game.

If you disagree with/dislike the palette I have utilised henceforth, you shall have the tools necessary to modify it for your own archive on your own computer from the tables that I include. I am not making three lots of the same sheet.

After some recent findings when digging for Chaotix content, I'm going to go about sheets for those differently, and will reveal more once I've learnt more.

Which brings me onto...

But, in light of all that, what about the current sheets I've submitted?
Excluding Sonic 3's Title Screen, Competition Menus and Sonic & Knuckles' Glowing Spheres, which need overhauling anyway, all sheets that match my 2018 or 2019 sheet standard or later will be quietly updated, so do keep an eye out on those. The sheets from Chaotix will remain untouched until I've got the findings I want.
[Image: WatSig.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Observer's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Sonic] - by Paraemon - 09-30-2019, 08:57 AM