Users browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
Just some more messing around while I still got some spare time, covering missing palettes and fixing some objects otherwise not complete or present on the current sheet (they're on the proper WIP sheet, just omitted here to save on needless space).

I want to discuss some "General Objects", though - and this is by no means a roasting, just an explanation on what I've found. Contrary to what may be easily thought and concluded, the diagonal springs and the water surfaces not "General Objects". In the case of the springs, they're seen in Marble Garden Zone and Mushroom Hill Zone, whereas the water surfaces are seen only in Angel Island Zone and Hydrocity Zone. Personally, I reckon it'd make more sense to include them on those stage-specific object sheets instead of falsifying information about them. The same thing applies to an explosion type that occurs only during the Bomber Blimp section of Angel Island Zone. In the same vein, the standard switches only appear in three of the eight stages in Sonic & Knuckles, so I'm leaning more to make them stage-specific than general for that game's content.

[Image: General-Sprites-S3.png]

This is essentially what I envision for the two types of General Objects sheets.

Both: Rings, Spikes, Springs, Explosions, Star Posts, Goal Signs, Bonus Stage Sparkles, Invincibility Sparkles, Scores, 'Over' Texts

Sonic 3 only: Underwater Palettes, Air* & Countdown Bubbles, Water Splashes, Switches, Special Rings

Sonic & Knuckles only: The Doomsday Zone Flash Cycle

Potentially Both: Animal Capsules

Otherwise Excluded: Animals (both games), Monitors (both games), Special & Super Rings (Sonic & Knuckles)

*Fun fact: the Air Bubbles appear in the VDP tile viewer for Carnival Night Zone Act 1, where there is no water.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Observer's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Sonic] - by Paraemon - 03-23-2019, 05:36 PM