Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
Just a minor update, but I think I'm getting closer to resolving my Flash Cycle palette issue.

On the left, Sonic's main palette is on the left, and the only one not formulated. Transitions are columns 2-6, Super Sonic are 7-9, and Hyper Sonic are the rest. Using the left palette set as a base, I decided to adjust the RGB values accordingly as the colors changed towards the Super and Hyper color schemes. The only ones I have an issue with are the darker shades in the eighth and ninth columns (Super Sonic's colors), yet they still adhere to the rules based on Sonic's palette, even if it doesn't fit the scheme of the lighter colors in those columns.

[Image: Sonic.png]

Knuckles' palettes are next. Like Sonic, Rad Red's main palette is on the left, and the Super palettes on the right (his darkest column aligns with the cutscene palette given to him when Sonic or Tails are played). Of the three, I think this works the best considering the rules for Knuckles' three colors in the Flash Cycle change - where Sonic's colors align in the first and final row of the Flash Cycle, Knuckles' don't.

[Image: Knuckles.png]

And then there's Tails' palettes. While working on these and having foreknowledge that Super Tails affects Robotnik's palette, I decided to practice expansion on the colors while working on the Capsule sheet. This turned out rather well, I feel, and made me want to work on those above.

[Image: Tails.png]
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Observer's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Sonic] - by Paraemon - 01-19-2019, 04:59 PM