Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
So this is going to be my last update this side of Christmas, supposing I don't find something super fantastic in the next 30-36 hours that I absolutely feel the need to share.

First up, a taster for one of the very many things I intend to upload at some point after the turn of the year (most likely around February). I don't want to put it up yet just in case I find anything else or need to add to it, plus its Sonic & Knuckles counterpart is far from ready.

[Image: Special-Ring-S3.png]

But yeah, that's all the Special Ring appearances I can work out with the Sonic 3 ring palettes. No Flash Cycle is implemented on the sheet since the palette is shifted enough to accommodate the Death Egg cutscene after Big Arms.

Remember about a couple of months ago, when I decided to explore how the Flash Cycles worked?Well, guess what, I can use the Master Emeralds like in that post (at least, from the up to date file)! Before it goes through the standard transition to the ending, The Doomsday Zone has a second Flash Cycle implemented, that, like with the Death Egg Zone's Boss Act before it, goes all the way up to the RGB:238 frame. If you want the ninth to 14th frames, however, sorry, but the Flash Cycle is cut out by the transition to the ending, and the standard of the 14-frame Flash Cycle is that *most* colors must darker than their counterparts leading into RGB:238 when on the way back to the base palette. I'm not saying it's not impossible to formulate them, but I would literally have to post that content for discussion here before taking it into final submission. There's just too much guesswork that would have to be involved.

While I've brought up the topic of the Death Egg Zone, some discussion on its background.

[Image: Compare.png]

On the left, is the background we see in Act 2 proper. On the right, is the version seen when fighting Great/Kyodai Eggman Robo. Since we have to pay attention to what's going on around Sonic, noticing the difference is somewhat difficult and thereby not obvious. I only actually uncovered it a couple of days ago. While the left version has a standalone sheet already, I won't be implementing the Flash Cycle on it since it doesn't occur in that act. Instead, the right version will have the Flash Cycle implemented on it as occurs at the very end of the stage - work has begun on it.

Other little bits:
Flying Battery's outside background sheet is complete.
Work on Sandopolis Zone Act 1's background is back on track.
...as is that of Act 2.
Rhinobot's base palette has been added to the Angel Island Badniks sheet. That'll be complete and ready for the mass upload, and I'll see if I can sneak one or two more zones' Badniks in with them.

Come hell or high water, I'll have newly formulated Labyrinth Zone and Hidden Palace Zone .zip files ready too.

If I can get it to happen (no promises), I might make animated icons for the sheets where possible/practical.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, y'all!  Big Grin 

Edit! - I just got a bit curious and though it nothing more than a theory, but of course it was entirely possible since it's dependant upon a cycling palette. What am I talking about, you ask? Since the palette that is used for the characters is the same, it's entirely natural that Super Tails would affect Eggman's clothing! *rework time*
[Image: WatSig.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Observer's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Sonic] - by Paraemon - 12-23-2018, 11:36 AM