Users browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
So there was another type of transition/fade-out that occurs when you hit a ring and go into a Special Stage. The rules basically work in reverse to the fades used when ending/starting a stage - the values must hit a full RGB:238, with the R values maxing out at 238 first, then the G, then the B. Unlike the other transitions, though, there is no 'fade-in' version.

[Image: Special-Stage-Transition.png]

Capturing an actual transition set through Animget didn't work as well as intended, as many values were skipped over, as if the game was saying "Screw you I want to play Special Stages". What is seen above is formulated as to how it should look, using the right-most shifts between colors as the extent template.

As far as I can tell, there is no green-centred transition fade sets, but given the rules explained thus far for the RGB:0 and RGB:238 fades, it wouldn't be too hard to mock one up. I just won't do it here since it's detached from the project.

In other news, here's current progress on the Flying Battery Zone's outdoors background (the main content is done), with WIP palettes dedicated to the standard transitions. There's a version of the background missing, based on account of the fact that the third one I found is functionally broken. It can be put on the sheet again, but I am kind of loathe to do it since it breaks the rules of the palette structure and steals from another line.

[Image: Flying-Battery-Zone-Outside-Background-w...Scroll.png]
[Image: WatSig.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Observer's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Sonic] - by Paraemon - 12-21-2018, 08:17 PM