Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
(12-17-2018, 02:35 PM)Ton Wrote: I never imagined there would be so much variance in a monitor sheet.

I thought the same when I started it. I only started uncovering more and more about it when testing things out of curiosity.

That being said, though, I've slightly contradicted my own declaration on ignoring the fade-in and -out palettes. The reason being, Sandopolis Zone's inter-act transitions do something different - it only leaves behind the palette line for enemies, rings and the HUD active while everything darkens as the player character enters the pyramid, and then re-lightens for Act 2's ready. Effectively, these fades function differently because it doesn't drag the entire palette with it.

In addition to that, the fade-in and -out functions between the Sandopolis Zone acts can also be observed through frame-by-frame dissection unlike the zone transitions, which un-pause the game and resume it at the proper speed. This makes the shift between the acts fall under the effective category of gameplay, and therefore have been extracted. The total for these variations number 42, without the Overlays applied, and shall be included - eventually - on the Sonic & Knuckles sheet.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: Ton

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Observer's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Sonic] - by Paraemon - 12-17-2018, 05:45 PM