Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
(11-27-2018, 05:42 PM)Ton Wrote: Very neat! These games have so much to keep track of!

Thanks! And man, don't I know it! I've got a rough idea of a majority of stuff, but still need to look here and there for the rest of it.

I better say out loud now, instead of leaving it to last minute and just dumping an unknown number of sheets and revisions in the submission queue, that once I have what I feel is a substantial amount of sheets (20+) ready, they'll be uploaded en masse.

I can confirm that the en masse uploading will include the following.
Sheets already completed:
Chaos Emeralds (Sonic 3 version)
Chaos Emeralds (Sonic & Knuckles version that includes leftover Sonic 3 palettes and prototype/S3K content)
Super Emeralds (Sonic & Knuckles only)
0408 Glowing Spheres (to the Sonic & Knuckles page, due to mis-interpretation the sheet already up on the site does not belong on the Sonic 3 page)
Special Ring (Sonic 3's giant ring)
Special & Super Rings (Sonic & Knuckles and S3K's giant rings, sans the alternatives on the Sonic 3 sheet)
Screw Mobile
Graviton Mobile
Hot Mobile
Death Ball

Current WIP sheets:
Master Emerald (Sonic & Knuckles only)
Great Eggman Robo
Monitors (a bit more work than the standard is required for this; will get game-specific versions thanks to underwater being Sonic 3 only)
The Doomsday Sub-Boss (to get its own sheet to account on palettes)
The Doomsday Boss (like above)
General Sprites (to massively expand upon Dolphman's current sheet, accounting for missing palettes; will get game-specific versions)
Title Cards
HUDs
Fonts
Desert Palace Zone (missing the map with highlight overlay)
The Doomsday Zone backgrounds (separate sheets for final and prototype palettes; see below)

Now, the update! To begin with, I'm taking a crack at the animals of Sonic 2. I've laid out the main Sonic palettes (Knuckles' and the Supers are pending), and I'll work on Shadow and Highlights when I get back to it, as well as the rest of the animals. Reckon it'd take no more than 90 minutes of extraction and color playing, but first I just need to motivation to go back to Sonic 2.  Blank

[Image: Animals-S2.png]

Just to clarify, this sheet is not finished, but is not too far away from it. I'll need to do a bit of toying around with the layout, as I have to get the Doomsday Zone's flash cycle (more than the Sky Sanctuary version at the end) added for that version of the Master Emerald.

[Image: Master-Emerald-S-K.png]

And I've finally taken a fresh crack at the Doomsday Zone's background. I've split the final version (left) into its own sheet, and created a new one for the prototype palette. Once I've got the meteors and rings' shadow and highlight overlays covered, I'll copy them over to the prototype sheet. When it comes to uploading, I'll submit the prototype version as a fresh one titled something like "The Doomsday Zone (Prototype Background)". I could include the prototype on the final version's sheet but I'm trying to avoid needless empty space and super-tall images. I'm employing this logic in my rips for Sonic CD's prototype and final versions to account for palette differences in the stages.

[Image: The-Doomsday-Zone-Background-Objects.png] [Image: The-Doomsday-Zone-Background-Prototype.png]
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Observer's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Sonic] - by Paraemon - 12-13-2018, 10:10 AM