Users browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
Today's update consists of three items.

To begin with, the fourth Special Stage background from Sonic CD. I'm kind of glad in a way that the dithered clouds don't parallax behind or in front of the islands, because else that would've been a nightmare and the sheet wouldn't have been finished today.

[Image: SCD_SS_4_BG.png]

Progress on re-ripping the content from the Sonic CD title screen, a la the way I ripped the title screen for Sonic 3. Pretty much everything is set to be compiled; there are 178 frames for the cloud animation behind Sonic and the medallion. 

[Image: SCD_TITLE.png]

And it's been quite a while since I did anything with this, but I can finally state that I've worked out the issue with the 2.5D water surface of Hydrocity Act 1 (and Launch Base Act 2, but the refraction effect slows any meaningful work on it). The max height is 96 pixels, all that's left to get now is each Y-axis difference and corresponding underwater object, and unlike the parallax breakdown, I won't be cutting down the horizontal differences for the 2.5D blocks since each individual row of pixels moves. The corresponding notes will appear on the sheet later.

[Image: S3_HCZ_A1_BG_PARALLAX.png]
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: Ton, Superjustinbros

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Observer's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Sonic] - by Paraemon - 08-27-2018, 06:43 PM