Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
Thanks man!  Smile

I've been messing about here and there with game content, seeing what can be easily gotten while I'm bouncing about between offline stuff. Today's update has two pieces.

First, a pretty much complete foreground  set for the Sonic 1 Special Stage. After a very much elongated attempt at seeing how many fishes there were in slow motion, I found out that, in the Japanese Version at least, the programmers structured the Special Stage to not transition between bird and fish when observing in slow-motion. Pause the game and try to advance the transitioning frames, and nothing happens at all. Pause the game and advance the birds or fishes? Infinite scrolling creatures. So I just let the game naturally return to the birds and counted the pairs that scrolled by, and found that 20 appear on screen in full before shifting to the fishes.

As for why it's the 'foreground', the stage maps themselves consist entirely of sprites, and the background is either the clouds or the bubbles depending on which creature is on laid over them. Notes for this particular sheet shall come later.

[Image: S1_SS_BG.png] 

And where I currently am with getting the map for Hydrocity Act 1. I'm removing the waterfall from the map(s) and dealing with it later when it comes to the 128x128 blocks.

[Image: S3_HCZ_A1_DRY_P1.png]
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: Superjustinbros

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Observer's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Sonic] - by Paraemon - 08-18-2018, 07:11 PM