Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
Today's update! Not as large as the previous one, but still quite considerable.

[Image: S_K_FBZ_A1_FG_P1.png]
Let's begin with Flying Battery's Act 1 Map. Heavily under construction, and perhaps later on will have a outdoor wall cover variation to showcase the sections that shift when you enter/are in the open air.

[Image: S1_SYZ_BG.png] 

Spring Yard's background, ripped from the Japanese version due to parallax effects. Comes with some added construction notes, too, for those interested in mocking up screenshots and what-have-yous.

[Image: SCD_TT_BAD_BG.png] [Image: SCD_TT_GOOD_BG.png] [Image: SCD_TT_PAST_BG.png]

And the update's pièce de résistance! The dry and wet variants for the backgrounds to Tidal Tempest's (in order left to right) Bad Future, Good Future and Past (each pair is a different image). The Present set is pending, due to a terrible set-up for the backgrounds in those states that almost always ends up in corrupted graphics.

Random Stuff!
So I feel like redrawing Tidal Tempest's past background, because as I progressed through getting it, I found it was just a done of mismatched blocks made to look like jagged stalactites and rocks. Would such a thing be acceptable as a custom submission?

While on the topic of Tidal Tempest, I've initiated ripping the Act 1 Past map and the 256x256 blocks in tandem. As with practically all of the acts and their variants therein of Sonic CD, this will be a slow process as if I accidentally move into the left border of the map, it'll glitch out and I can't move around.

And while I remain on the subject of Sonic CD, I've found that the Special Stages are screwed up terribly when trying to rip them. Simply, the developers constructed the stages to be 256x224 (or 256?) in size, which logically should shrink the screen to accommodate the smaller dimensions. However, as the rest of the game is designed for a screen that is 320x224, the Special Stage is stretched, and the entire thing becomes a JPEG/MPEG mess, making any grabbed screens useless. Literally, all objects from the stages would have to be extracted from the VDP, which isn't so much as a bad thing, if not for the fact that there are specific Special Stages that have spectacular animations in their backgrounds, and move too quickly to ensure each frame can be collected through screencaps. Observer is very salty about this.

I also feel like conjuring up some custom work based on the Game Gear games, but that's a bridge I'll cross later.

And good news! I've finally figured out a solution to the Glowing Spheres expansion issue I've been having, so I can get back on board with working on that.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: Ton, Superjustinbros

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Observer's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Sonic] - by Paraemon - 07-31-2018, 07:15 PM