Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
(07-24-2018, 07:12 AM)Ton Wrote: I hate roadblocks like that. Maybe it'll get easier somehow down the road. Can't wait to see the updates!

I figure that if I chip away at it slowly, perhaps I can get it done over time; so long as I make an initial release and add that last content later.

But I can oblige with an update!

[Image: S1_LZ_OBJ.png]

As I was cycling through the VDP for some information, I found that the palette structure for the Labyrinth Zone  and Scrap Brain Act 3, being the only ones in the game to have a full overhaul depending on if Sonic's in water or not, retained some consistency towards palette switches. So, those palettes which were switched to while trying to match color to tile, have been translated onto the right hand side of the sheet, sort of as a 'plus sheet' attached to the main sheet; this side section may branch into being underneath the main sheet too to incorporate the rest of the content I have yet to put in the Open Air and Underwater subsections.

The smaller countdown bubbles and the broken pipe pieces are new additions not seen on Divine Insect's sheet; the brick double doors are fixed too.

EDIT!

So I was just doing a little light reading on Sonic Retro for prototype information, and found this.
[Image: LZ_New_BG2.jpg]

So I started looking at the crystals from Labyrinth Zone a little harder. The cluster set we got in the final release are just six of them interlaced. This is how one standalone crystal should approximately look like.

[Image: Proto_Laby_Cryst.png]
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: Ton

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Observer's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Sonic] - by Paraemon - 07-24-2018, 07:39 PM