Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
[Image: S1_LZ_A3_FG_DRY.png] [Image: S1_LZ_A3_FG_WET.png]

And that concludes Labyrinth Zone Act 3's maps. Release will arrive soon.

The layout looks slightly weird as there's a seemingly dead-ended bottomless pit about 2/3 or 3/4 across the map. Because of the early loop and the later climbing loop to get to the boss, this isn't a bottomless pit, as the 256x256 block that's at the vertical antipode of this gap is actually the floor. If comparing this map against the one on Sonic Zone: 0's download links, they've offset the uppermost collection of blocks (upto 32 pixels in height (16 pixels on their map)) and moved all those to the base of the map to better highlight that there is no bottomless pit in this gap. Having discovered this when reference checking against what I have covered in building the map, I stuck to the way in which the game was actually laid out and kept those aforementioned top-most blocks exactly where they should be.

Phew. That was a mouthful.

In other news, three things:
1. Ice Cap Act 2's floe animation ripping is back on.
2. Hidden Palace has been resubmitted due to minor map fixes and Dolphman's suggestion for 128x128 tiles.
3. Update for the Glowing Spheres sheet has been initiated. This is going to be huge; I anticipate a minimum of nine sheets to cover all of it.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: Superjustinbros

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Observer's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Sonic] - by Paraemon - 07-15-2018, 05:38 PM