Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
Thank you very much!  Smile 

Midterm season is over, and I'm on Easter Break.

I've updated and submitted the Hidden Palace as a .zip archive via the website. It will contain two versions of the foreground maps that each utilise the shifting green/purple palette depending on where you are in the stage, or if you've accessed the Bonus Stage in certain prototypes, an updated background parallax layer sheet and the relevant objects (sans Super character Emerald palettes). Part of the higher foreground is included as an object since it disappears and shows a very briefly seen broken section of the lower (interior background) foreground.

Anybody expecting Carnival Night, it is ever the pain in the ass that it shouldn't be. Certain areas of both the foregrounds and the backgrounds have a glowing animation that is just a single pixel. I'll need a considerable amount of time to be able to have something of worth displayed.

[Image: HCZ_Map.png]

A lengthy process, but I've extracted the waterfall to the intro area and will include that as an object on a separate sheet. What's left is a bunch of bricks that don't fit in with the area surrounding where the waterfall is meant to be - those bricks are different tiles and normally have the waterfall overlaid.

The red blocks are the animated aspects of the foreground. In addition, I've also included the bizarre under-section of the map; it only goes that low - once you've reached the waterfall next to the left-most set of bricks, you're actually looking at the waterfall, and reaching the same y-axis as it triggers a fast vertical scrolling that only stops once you move up enough to escape.

The final version of the map will be split into three. One will be an all open air palette, the second will have an all underwater palette, and the last will be as seen above, a mix of the two as normal from the game, displaying the trigger on the x-axis that changes the palettes. The water line is a little lower (1-2 pixels) in the game compared to the WIP map, but I've heightened the water line for purposes of staying within the multiples of 8-pixels.

[Image: AIZ_Debug_Balls.png]

Those weird balls from Debug Mode in Sonic 3's Angel Island. I'll eventually get around to showing an approximately layout, but the problem is that increasing their size forces a lot of the balls content past the camera. I'll take a look at the multiples and guesstimate. Also, I'll add in the underwater palette later on.

[Image: Doomsday_Flash_Palette.png]

Since I'm already doing this for Launch Base (Sonic 3 Ending), Lava Reef (Boss Arena) and Sky Sanctuary (Knuckles), this is the set of palettes that occur when the Phase 1 boss explodes off-screen and causes the whole screen to light up. Disregard the top row of each block, those are Knuckles'. Because of the shifting palettes of super transformations, it's not going to be so easy to get them all, but if I can do it with Mecha Sonic's power-up flash, I can do it with this.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: Superjustinbros

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Comprehensive Sonic Ripping Project - by Paraemon - 03-31-2018, 10:05 AM