Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
(03-05-2018, 02:03 PM)Superjustinbros Wrote: Really nice rip of Sonic 3 Standalone's ending.

Thank you.  Smile 

For some reason, though, it's just appeared on TSR. It wasn't finished.  Rawr~ But, it's fine, I'll submit the final version when I get around to it (this weekend, I pray)! I've stalled the S&K endings sheet, the ocean's surface is a massive bother, be it in the prologue or epilogue, so I need a hell of a lot of time to work on it, which I don't have because it's midterm season.

Today's update is a look at two certain sheets  in dire need of having actual work done for them. I've already broken down the parallax in both and animations in the latter.

Here's a look at one WIP.
Here's the look at the other WIP. The static Sun is recolored into RAW palette from the static Plane Explorer of Gens KMOD.

And here's a whole other teaser related to TCSRP! It's actually quite simple to work out how things are pieced together in this game, it's just the design of the game that likely puts people off. So, Challenge Accepted. Plus, I think we can all agree, this needs the biggest overhaul.

Miscellaneous Stuff.

I added Sonic CD to the first post the other day, as I've worked out how to be able to rip from it now. I'm in particular looking forward to taking a crack at the Special Stage backgrounds, since they have something not seen in, well, any other game as far as I can tell: Semi-Panoramic Multi-layered Parallax.

Back in the summer, and in the last few weeks, I've found some oddities that I didn't think existed that I wouldn't have encountered if not for playing around in Debug mode or using cheat codes.

[Image: Bizarre_TV.png]

This TV appears from messing about with Debug in Launch Base's miniboss. I'm not sure what the orb is from, but it replaces the S icon.

[Image: Possessed_Knuckles.png]

More messing around with the Debug in Sonic 3, this time, it turns out that Knuckles is possessed by the spirit of the Egg Lord. Found trying to acquire the Death Egg graphics without seeing the first boss, but ending up having to resolve the game by getting in the Egg Mobile.

[Image: Unexpected_HUD.png]

This is from trying to insert a ring multiplier cheat code in Sonic 3. In-game, it pushes the HUD to being half on-screen, and appears in the proper format on the title screen if that's loaded up.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Comprehensive Sonic Ripping Project - by Paraemon - 03-07-2018, 03:03 PM