Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
(02-25-2018, 07:59 PM)Superjustinbros Wrote: Really impressive work with ripping all these backgrounds.

Thank you!  Smile

(02-25-2018, 11:42 PM)shadowman44 Wrote: I don't know if this is the right time to ask this but, when and how are the unused/beta graphics going to be handled? Are they going to be put into one big sheet or separate sheets for each type? (tile sets, objects, characters etc)

When: As I move further with the respective sheet that those unused graphics are on, and read further to double check I've not fallen short. Beta graphics... I assume you mean like the Sonic 2 graphics cropping up like in prototypes earlier to 0408? I can add them, though they'd look out of place, and they fall into a specific category in the next answer.

How: If they can be acquired by cheats and/or debug mode, then I'll get them that way. Reading through TCRF and seeing terms like 'ID' and 'Offset', or a lack of sourced information about how/where they're found beside the obvious point of the game they're from, makes it harder to have that sprite. I tried to get the Slot Machine sheet completed, but that remains in stasis since I got no response.

Q. 3: It depends on the sheet, but they'd be sourced to where they respectively go. For example, the teleporter objects that crop up in debug mode in the Lava Reef boss act will be included in the Lava Reef sheet, as would the teleporters from Sky Sanctuary appearing on the SSZ sheet.

Characters would be split down to:
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik, Egg-Robo, Mecha Sonic, Animals
Super Sonic, Hyper Sonic, Super Mecha Sonic
Badniks to a respective Zone-based sheet excluding Egg-Robo above
Mini-bosses to their respective sheet
Bosses to their respective sheet

Tile sets... let's call them the Zone sheets. We already have Hidden Palace and The Doomsday Zones completed, and work is currently being taken out on... well, it'd be easier to list the Zones not being worked on at the moment: Angel Island, Carnival Night, Lava Reef, Sky Sanctuary and Credits. Zone-specific objects would be placed on their respective zone sheets; as mentioned earlier regarding the teleporters, those found in Lava Reef go to that zone's sheet, Hidden Palace already has its teleporters, and Sky Sanctuary will have its own version added.

General Objects, Fonts & Title Cards, Competition Mode etc will gain their own sheets. I won't predict how many that will come to, but we will see later on.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: Ton

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Comprehensive Sonic Ripping Project - by Paraemon - 02-26-2018, 01:57 AM