Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
(02-24-2018, 11:24 AM)Ton Wrote: I’ve always really liked the Launch Base background and the story it tells you without using any words. Great work so far!

Thanks man!

I agree, I put it down to the presence, or lack thereof a la Knuckles, of the Death Egg. The difference in proximity in Sonic's Act 1 and 2 is a fine mechanic for the story.

I've elected for an alternate course of action for the 2.5D water graphics in Launch Base. My original thought was that the graphics should be placed in-between the open-air and underwater sections, but that became a fallacious notion* due to the unknown combined vertical height of the objects on a sprite sheet. So, much like the Hydrocity update shows, everything else will be done, and then the water will be investigated.

[Image: HCZ.png]

The underwater section of Act 1 is below the dividing line. Here, though, I took the opportunity to jump in the VDP Viewer, curious to see if the upper sections - namely, the "candle-lit" arch,  of the background had an underwater palette, and lo, they do. I'm less convinced now that those lights are candles, which I believed was the case, but instead glowing crystals.

* Launch Base Act 2 has two lots of the water graphics, differing between the characters you play as. That will slow the final Launch Base sheet.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: Ton, Superjustinbros

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Comprehensive Sonic Ripping Project - by Paraemon - 02-25-2018, 01:38 PM