Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
So yeah. I renamed the thread to incorporate the earlier games in 16-bit Sonic, but still primarily focusing on S3K because the workload for it is maybe double that of Sonic 2 alone.

That being said, I've shifted gears from Mushroom Hill to Sandopolis Act 1. 32 frames on the background because of the Heat Haze effect; fortunately, this is the easiest of the effects (excluding that dratted pyramid).

[Image: Sandopolis.png]

Each block is 256 pixels across to accommodate the largest section at the bottom of the background. Whether or not this leads to a 8000+ pixel-length sprite sheet, I cannot say, but if it ends up that way, it wouldn't be the largest on the site. (Btw, dibs on ripping a breakdown/new sheet of Wing Fortress). As this is a 'show and tell' sample, the work for the Pyramids will be much more in-depth, for the following reasons:

1. The Pyramids overlay the far-distant dunes.
  2. Because of this, the palette for the Pyramids blends in with the palette for the dunes because of the Heat Haze effect; only the green pixels can accurately distinguish where the pyramid ends and the dunes begin.
  3. Because of the Heat Haze effect being in play, the Pyramid displayed in the sample is as accurately cut as it can with be. It may well be revised later as I explore how the pyramid works along the parallax.

All being well, I'll update at the weekend. I'll still hover about the forums.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Comprehensive Sonic Ripping Project - by Paraemon - 02-19-2018, 04:26 PM