Users browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
So I actually botched the maths for the Ice Cap Act 2 (above ground) animation cycle. 4000 is the number accurate to original frames - the shimmering water frames change every 3 or 4 frames while the floes change every single frame, so, if I'm right, the full animation cycle is 12000 to 16000 frames.  Shocked

Moving on!

Today's work has been divided into three primary sections of the S3K project. This is the first; getting some background content and making sure I got all of Ice Cap's background content.

"Hydrocity 1 BG (sans water effects)". Getting the parallax and all that jazz, shouldn't be too hard, right?

Ice Cap 2 has an update. 130 of 250 Floe frames added. As you can see in the folder above, there are other versions which also share the animation. I could just throw up the palette onto the sheet, and depending how things go, I might, but for now, I'll include each of the six-at-minimum versions of the Floe animation.

And, the third chunk of today's work.

[Image: The_Doomsday.png]

The Doomsday Zone. SupaChao hadn't ripped everything, as there were two tiny rocks that come out from the space boulders, and the alternate palettes as the blue craft falls away were overlooked. Hidden alongside them in the VDP were similar palettes designed for the last boss. There isn't exactly a parallax for the background, but it's structured in the same way the sky works in Marble Garden or Sky Sanctuary.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: Ton

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Comprehensive Sonic Ripping Project - by Paraemon - 02-17-2018, 01:55 PM