Users browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
To keep things fresh, here's the current progress on Ice Cap Act 2.

[Image: Ice_Cap_2.png]

I don't know how many ice floe drifting frames there are, but they work as a contiguous entity on the same parallax field. Because of this, each individual frame has to be taken for it to be completed, similar to the 800 frames of the Glowing Spheres background. Honestly, this one scares me, because it's so unknown, but if I can do Glowing Spheres, I can do this one.

The false color is from messing around in Debug mode. Turn on Debug, go into the cavern area, go as far left as possible, and go up if it's not immediately visible. There is no animation on the floes or the shimmering water around the distant glaciers, which makes getting those easy. This same process can be messed around with in parts of Act 1, but isn't as easy to figure out and is, as far as I remember, oddly character-dependant.

Ripping the underwater cavern section for this act will be easy, as the shifting glow palettes detected by animget cease to function if you place the glows behind the water overlay. As far as I can tell, too, there's no vertical parallax in Act 2, of which I'm very keen to get from Act 1, since it's the only time I can see it show up in S3K.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: Ton, Firejoker54

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Comprehensive Sonic Ripping Project - by Paraemon - 02-14-2018, 03:22 PM