Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
(12-26-2017, 02:03 PM)Ton Wrote: Hey! Glad to see you're back! Can't wait to see what you've got planned!

I also recently played Mania. The Blue Spheres stages seem about the same to me...

Thanks man! And I don't know, I just felt they were easier, especially the 16 stages from S3K.

Onto the project, I've began an full art disassembly of Flying Battery. I felt pretty pleased with current progression to display stuff.

- 1- Sky divided into three cloud palletes with two sky base colors; the standard, what I think is the night palette from S3C, but seen when screwing with debug and layer options when moving between indoor and outdoor areas, and blood-lining for the clouds when screwing with the backgrounds and defeating Gapsule against a sky backdrop. NOTE: There is some sort of parallax system in play here, but because the tiny clouds move with basically a (programmed) mind of their own, I left them broken apart with no concensus as to altitude placement in relation to the large cloud, but must go no lower than skipping the bottom-of-the-screen large ones.

I don't know why there's green on the clouds, either, it just is.

- 2 - Similar to my breakdown of Hydrocity and Hidden Palace's parallax set-ups, the full interior background from both acts, with additional netting for no reason other than to show that there are 12 complete (broken in image to show what parts are hidden by other objects) rows of the largest squares.

- 3 - An foreground object breakdown so people can build whole new sections. This will be the crux of the sheet and take the longest amount of time. Expect quite a while for this to be completed while I have more important things to deal with.

- 4 - Interactive object breakdown, as demonstrated with a fully accurate vertical netting animation cycle. I don't know why the netting moves between frames, but it does.

As a side note, there is a very brief palette shift (which also makes the graphics slightly garbled) when entering the interior through debug and layer playing. However, this only effects the lowest parts of the background, and with my real life schedule being what it is in the coming weeks to months, I cannot run a palette test on higher parts of the background to create an alternative, so for the time being, I won't include it in the final sheet.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Comprehensive Sonic 3 / & Knuckles Ripping Project - by Paraemon - 12-28-2017, 06:45 PM