Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
(08-19-2017, 07:34 AM)Ton Wrote: Really digging the emeralds sheet so far! I had no idea there were so many crazy color glitches.

Thank you!  Smile  I know, right? I theorised the existence of some, while having played games with a couple of the others. At the least, I didn't expect the Red and Light Blue Emeralds (and Orange, for that matter) to have different palettes in the Sonic 3 Special Stages.

I had to build the red Master Emerald from the Hidden Palace lamps, the only way I could observe it was through ORKAL's glitches videos, which aren't the best quality - once I saw it change color there, it had to be a palette in the area, and the orbs in the Emerald shrine area were a great help with that.

The prototype Super Tails and Hyper Sonic Emeralds were a (thankfully accurate) theory I had to resolve due to how the Blue Emerald needs to be changed the most to accommodate other palettes. Imagine if Super Mecha Sonic or Werehog Sonic were in its presence. It's easy to guess what the Blue Emerald would look like with Super Knuckles, or Super Tails' actual palette (it uses his Flicky friends' glow, since Super Sonic's palettes in the 0517 prototype are Hyper Sonic's), but it's not possible to get those in-game be it prototype or released.

Glowing Spheres wall progress: 129/800.

Knuckles sheet revitalisation progress: Palettes. Lots and lots of palettes. I don't even know if I've got them all yet.

[Image: Knuckles_Teaser.png]
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Comprehensive Sonic 3 / & Knuckles Ripping Project - by Paraemon - 08-19-2017, 05:03 PM