Users browsing this thread: 29 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
Quote:Keep in mind, much of the stuff, like throwing bombs or juggling emeralds, is made up of many separate parts. They can be listed on the sheet as found in the game data and recreated to the user's liking.

The bomb throwing, to what I see, is only a few frames before it's completely detached from Knuckles, and like the Bloominator's projectile arc, it would be pointless to frame by frame the bomb's arc through the air, especially since you can't see the off-screen section its in.

Quote:Capturing every pixel-perfect difference between frames is an exhausting and mostly unnecessary exercise. As with the enemies, having each effect and object separately is the way to go.

Which is why, in the case of Monkey Dude and Caterkiller Jr (and others as I get to them), they will be broken up with construction notes and bare basic examples as opposed to full frame by frame animation. This is the sole reason I did not include the rising "elimination line" from Glowing Spheres - the animation is far more changeable than the rest of the objects and has the most minute differences; to actually include it on the sheet would likely put the vertical size of sheet into the higher single-digit thousands - all the objects for this are in the micro "item" spheres anyway.

This is why I'm removing around 50 or so frames to simplify the juggling animation (it took me two days to extract them from the rip images, in part due to wanting to focus on other things). I can keep the full amount on a separate file, but a sample animation wouldn't hurt, and then put up notes for if someone wants to recreate the full seven Emerald juggling.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by: Ton

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Comprehensive Sonic 3 / & Knuckles Ripping Project - by Paraemon - 08-09-2017, 08:28 AM