Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
I like resolutions.  Smile

Another WIP, with notes on when/how the Emeralds appear. I'm not sure about including the Emeralds from the Special Stages and defer the appearance there to another sheet - I can't figure out how to rip the 13th and 14th frames of the Emeralds in the Special Stage anyway, as the characters obscure these with their bodies; I've tried reconstructing the 14th frame, since that has the most visible information, but without the "back" of the sprite, I can't complete it. Trying to effect this in VDP results in character and emerald being removed from the board in unison.

The Red Master Emerald? Found by ORKAL in this glitch video. I can't enact the glitch myself, due to the human problem of having two hands, but there's a small orb in the Emerald Shrine area of Hidden Palace that reflects two glowing animations: the Master Emerald, and the little red lights earlier in the stage. When not activating the Robotnik cutscene, the orbs are red, and are green when you activate Robotnik. Putting 2 and 2 together, it made sense that the red lights contain the palette for the glitched Master Emerald; some green remains, but carefully looking at the video shows that it remains where it does.

[Image: Emeralds.png]

And here's current work on a new Knuckles' sheet. Did you know? Knuckles has two other colours just before he attacks Super Sonic in the intro, seen only with the foreground layer disabled. And while it's not yet on the sheet, Knuckles has a golden Super/Hyper palette (albeit garbled but possibly fixable) in the prototypes, and cycling through Debug mode in Mushroom Hill Act 1, he has a purple palette that spawns Butterdroids.

With regard to the 70+ Emerald-juggling sprites; I'll edit these down to include one or two Emeralds as a sample animation. They're just placeholding as a reminder on what to do.

[Image: Knuckles_the_Echidna.png]
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Comprehensive Sonic 3 / & Knuckles Ripping Project - by Paraemon - 08-09-2017, 06:41 AM