Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
Done and done. Smile

So I've started with working on the Badniks of Angel Island Zone, and currently have the easier units completed, with more accurately defined parts so people know where to place the dust for Rhinobot. Since the Bloominator's firing animation varies based on your y-axis position relative to the unit, it would be pointless to incorporate them all since each frame would get larger and wider, so I just included the spike projectiles while they're still visibly connected to Bloominator.

Having had a proper look at how Monkey Dude and Caterkiller, Jr. animate, I will instead break them up with notes of construction and include the appropriate sprite segments to reflect those notes.

Palette-wise, I discovered (through Ice Cap Zone) that the Badnik palettes change when you place them in the middle of a Boss fight or a Knuckles cutscene. Obviously, in the five levels that involve water, the palettes will change. Unfortunately for Rhinobot, it was intended as open-air opponent, so no dust was programmed into its underwater palette, or the other four that belong to it, for that matter. Rhinobot has six palettes: Standard, Underwater, Flame Tank, Bomber Blimp, Flame Mobile and Knuckles (in respective order as shown below).

From what I've seen, the others have the following:
Bloominator (3): Standard, Underwater, Flame Tank (Knuckles results in garbled graphics firing off "TA TA").
Monkey Dude (3): Standard, Underwater, Flame Tank (is prone to departing a la Sonic CD style by climbing out of frame).
Caterkiller, Jr. (3): Standard, Underwater, Flame Tank.

[Image: Angel_Island_Badniks.png]

And you also get to see how I space things apart.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Comprehensive Sonic 3 / & Knuckles Ripping Project - by Paraemon - 08-08-2017, 09:24 AM