Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
I've spoken with Dolphman via private message in regard to the previous post he made, so I'm not ignoring him.

Onto business:

I've ripped most to all of the Data Select and Sound Test from Sonic 3 and Sonic 3/& Knuckles - the beta Flying Battery icon itself is from Sonic 3 Complete; I do not have the know-how to data dive to find it myself, so the fastest way I could make a logical inclusion of it was to go out of my way to rip it from the ROM hack - sure, I could've gone to Sonic Retro or TCRF for the icon, but the colours would've been off.

[Note: so I just found a code that would've had the icon appear in a normal game of S3K if I had bothered to pay attention. Go me. Unimpressed ]

[Image: Menus.png]

The sheet is still WIP, as can be seen by the incomplete borders - I'm aiming to reorganise it over the next couple of days. The palettes included are for Data Select only, as I have not yet got around to compiling the RAW palette as per Dolphman's argument. The actual- and false-colour icons for the Sonic 2 stages are included since they appear in the Sound Test - this is for "Completion +".

I do have an in-progress Glowing Spheres sheet (this is serious hard work and requires a lot of energy), which is split into two sections:
  • The sprites, walls and background "pillars", the last of these items rests on 100 128x128 frames which can fit on the sheet just fine - I have 92 "pillars" currently extracted - RAW palette pending.
  • The background shifting bricks. These come to a stupid 800 frames. Take one frame (where the bricks look like bricks diagonally), and compare it to one 400 frames later (they'll be the same colour) - they're pointing in different directions. Obviously, this will be in a .zip/.rar archive, with each tile being 384x384 to accommodate a full view at the background structure. Before you ask why I shouldn't just make it up on a sheet with a palette - each frame is different than the one before it (the most ridiculous thing I could've said at 1AM) - obviously, but the colour changes are incredibly frequent, and the frames are only the same as the one 800 prior to or after it. It's easier just to compile them as frames.
  • Regarding the S-ball that supposedly resides in the Glowing Spheres' debug - I cannot find it, and have tried multiple times, cycling through what can be seen/placed. If I cannot locate it, I will not include it.

[Image: Glowing_Spheres_Sprites_Preview.png]
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Comprehensive Sonic 3 / & Knuckles Ripping Project - by Paraemon - 08-01-2017, 06:56 PM