Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TMNT Tournament Fighter based Sprites!!
ohohoh this is a dream come true, i love this topic

A few things, though:

- Your alternate palettes are really, really muddy. Like these colors are just...not...good, and as a result the whole sheet looks really amateurish (which is a shame - I LOVE a lot of these customs, including the use of the grappling hook, Michelangelo's choice weapon after it was deemed nunchaku were too violent, lmao)

I'd advise recoloring the whole sheet to the Tournament Fighters palette (after all, that's what the entire sheet is based off of) as the contrast between the colors used in those sprites were really good, then try applying new hues to the other palettes. I'll give the different palettes a shot later if you don't mind.

- What's the deal with ShinTurTle? It seems like a bit of a self-insert, though isn't that basically the premise of the "Shin Ninja Turtle" MUGEN character? It's a turtle with a yellow headband.
Honestly, if you're going to tackle that "fifth Ninja Turtle", I'd probably flesh him out a little better. I'd check out some of the scrapped movie ideas and work from that. Also..."He can use all the Turtles' weapons" isn't...really that incredible. If we're gonna talk from a fanboy standpoint, all the Turtles could just as easily wield each others' weapons: it's just each Turtle has master-level proficiency with their specific one. It'd just be one Turtle who has masterful proficiency with every weapon, which...that'd basically be Splinter??
His current name also makes him seem kind of out of place in the established Turtle universe....like he just sounds like a DeviantArt username. :/

I mean, if I created ShinTurTle, I'd probably make him like a creation of the Kraang (like the original testing subject of the Mutagen) and give him an extraterrestrial, Kraang name i.e. "'Subject no. 53-062: Ka'rrabg'pin"; but being it's too long and hard to pronounce the Turtles just call him "Kirby" (like Jack Kirby, the artist - not the Nintendo character). If we've gone that far, though, I'd just give him the purple "clone" skin from TMNT Tournament Fighters - which, speaking of: why the heck isn't that palette on this sheet?

[Image: b73a5126c9.png]

Actually hell why don't you just make this one the fifth Turtle
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: A-D-EighT

Messages In This Thread
RE: TMNT Tournament Fighter based Sprites!! - by Kosheh - 06-09-2017, 01:25 PM